Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFormula 1 chit-chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2008 at 21:57

keep up to date with all the proper F1 news .......

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Sponsored Links

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2008 at 09:39
Another disasterous race for Ferrari, after such a promising start.

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2008 at 13:03

Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

Oh dear, what a shame...

never mind - they've still got "friend's" in high places ...

But don't care.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2008 at 09:39
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Oh dear, what a shame...

never mind - they've still got "friend's" in high places ...

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2008 at 08:55

Toyota’s Timo Glock was the surprise pacesetter in Friday afternoon practice at Fuji, giving the Japanese manufacturer bragging rights at the circuit it owns after an indifferent performance in the morning.....

.....BMW Sauber had another lacklustre session. Robert Kubica managed only the 11th best time, albeit within 0.5s of pacesetter Glock, while Nick Heidfeld was a full second slower than his team-mate in 19th

Jenson Button was plum last in the uncompetitive Honda RA108

But don't care.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2008 at 22:17

all the latest here >>>>>>

http://www.redbulletinf1.com/#/?country=japanese

But don't care.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2008 at 13:19

Formula One racing will show its support for the FIA’s Make Cars Green campaign by running on unique green-grooved tyres at this weekend’s Japanese Grand Prix.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/10/8487.html

- discuss! -

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2008 at 23:24
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2008 at 11:58

Another disastrous race for Ferrari, after such a promising start.

Oh dear, what a shame...

and McLaren at the Fuji Speedway

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2008 at 13:25

Sebastien Bourdais has been handed a 25-second penalty for his clash with Felipe Massa in the Japanese Grand Prix.

The ruling drops the Frenchman from sixth to 10th in the final classification and promotes Felipe Massa from eighth to seventh.

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44245

Edited by thepits

But don't care.
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2008 at 22:03

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

Don't know if its really F1 related but Bernie's daughter, Tamara, has been getting her out her chequered flag in aid of PETA...

Oh yes KB, I'm sure it is F1 related, I can tell by the flag

Nice one! It brightened up a rather dull day in F1.

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2008 at 09:12
The decisions of different race stewards is really starting to ruin F1:
Quote Replays of the incident show Bourdais tucked in to the right-hand side of the track as he left the pits. With his wheels on the edge of the track, Bourdais was then struck by Massa's Ferrari as the Brazilian sought to overtake.

Branding the decision to punish Bourdais as 'ridiculous', ITV's James Allen revealed in his post-race commentary that 'the team managers I spoke to after the race all said that FIA race director Charlie Whiting had briefed them in Singapore and again in Fuji that the car exiting the pits has right of way.'

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_4306491,00.html

1997 E39 523i
Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2008 at 17:15

Have you noticed how ‘controversial’ the ITV F1 team are becoming now that their contract is coming to an end?  Yeah! I thought so too.

I think this rant is probably more appropriate here rather than on the F1 league thread so here it is, quite angrily again.

Rant mode on/off 

I don’t agree that both were racing incidents.   [540 V8 suggested they were]

While stupidity and exitedness will often see drivers going into corners too deep, locking brakes leaving those around to run for cover, no accident - racing incident, a driver error.   

It is MY opinion however that the chap in the little red car deliberately left the track, cut a corner knowing full well that when he came back on, into oncoming [silver] traffic it would cause some sort of accident or at worse he deliberately hit/rammed the little silver car. 

For both errant drivers to get the same penalty is a blatant abuse of the rules.   

It will also come back to bite them on the bum as occurrences like the first incident happen dozens of times a season and I cannot recall in the past, where there hasn’t been an accident as a result,  where a driver has been penalised – but they will have to be in future.   

Think first corner at Monaco – think all the drivers later lining up to do their drive through penalty.  There will be more drivers going through the pit lane in the first half of the race than will be crossing the start/finish line as all the penalties get dished out. 

Massa’s own career would have been over within the first couple of seasons as he would have been through the pit lane so often he would have thought it was part of the track! 

Rant mode on/off

As for the Massa / Bourdais incident I think there's a common theme emerging.  Massa is crashing into everything that moves while he and Ferrari pick up any / all the extra points that are going! 

If Massa and Hamilton had been 2 seconds apart on the road and Bourdais had been 30 seconds ahead of both would the penalty have been 31 seconds (or whatever)?

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2008 at 20:41

Jack, you may well be correct, I just didn't want to seem like I was siding with the reds! lol.

It could be taken either way, whether Massa did it deliberatley or not but as you rightly pointed out, Hamilton outbraked himself and cocked up whereas Massa either 1) panicked and tried in vain to regain his place or 2) deliberatley tried to cut off Hamilton which when you look at it either way, it was different to what Hamilton did.

Infact, I agree that there should have been no penalty for Hamilton at all. If you look at the incident of old, i.e. Prost/Senna or Hill/Schumacher, there were no such penalties even though there were blatant ramming incidents.

F1 has gone stupid and something needs to be done before they lose a large quantities of fans and sprucing up the laws governing how the cars run i.e. downforce, turbo's, engine sizes etc will not work this time.

Fans want to see racing not cars driving. It's like the difference between football and rugby, football being for men who get paid too much to fall over and rugby being for real men who take knocks and the odd grab to the balls! 

F1 needs to unsure it is all about racing and racing is fighting for your place in the race without blatant cheating. Anything else should apply. The cars and tracks are safe enough now to enable drivers to take more risks so why not let them.

We don't wrap boxers up in bubble wrap before they fight and in touring cars they are allowed the odd 'rub'against the opposition.

Anyway, I digress, nuff said!

Mike

Edited by 540 V8

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2008 at 15:17
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

Another disastrous race for Ferrari, after such a promising start.

Oh dear, what a shame...

and McLaren at the Fuji Speedway

Good to see Kimi finishing a race..... for once.

Same about Kovi's engine failure....... reliability issues at McMerc???

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2008 at 09:04

The motorsport authorities in France have announced that next year's French Grand Prix will be cancelled.

French racing federation the FFSA issued a statement saying that it had decided not to promote the 2009 race for financial reasons.

full text here > http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44290

So that's the Canadian & French GP's gone in 2009 (probably forever?) - who's next ??

But don't care.
Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2008 at 11:07

So that's the Canadian & French GP's gone in 2009 (probably forever?) - who's next ??

Plans for Silverstone/Donnington seems suitably vague that it disappearing isn't out of the question.  Lots of new money countries lining up to throw ridiculous amounts of money at Bernie. 

Bernie gave up being interested in the racing aspect of F1 a long time ago.  Money talks a language that Bernie seems to be fond of (think "a fish called Wanda").

Now: BMW 523i SE '00, 318i SE - e91 '07, 325i Coupe '93.

Prev:
e46 328i SE Touring, 330Ci, 318Ci.
e39 523i SE.
e36 325i Coupe *2, 323i SE, 316iSE.
e30 325iSE 2dr, 320i Conv, 320i 2dr, 316i.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2008 at 14:00
I was at the French GP a good few years ago - it was crap! Only for Eddie Irvine spinning during all the practice sessions, there wouldn't have been anything interesting to watch at all!
1997 E39 523i
steven.seed View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.seed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2008 at 14:15

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

Don't know if its really F1 related but Bernie's daughter, Tamara, has been getting her out her chequered flag in aid of PETA...

How did such an ugly little dwarf produce such a sweetheart

Less Bernie more Tamara please

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2008 at 15:43

Originally posted by steven.seed steven.seed wrote:

How did such an ugly little dwarf produce such a sweetheart

He was helped...

meet the wife!

Edited by thepits

But don't care.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
  Share Topic