Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFormula 1 chit-chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2008 at 23:12
Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

button says wins are possible in 2009 - yeh, roight,

I'd like to see him and Honda do well, and I believe they may pull it off next year.........

Looks like it ain't gonna happen:

Honda to quit F1 - reports

04/12/2008 - 21:45:42

Honda are expected to make a formal announcement on their future in Formula One tomorrow amid reports they are set to leave the sport.

The team’s senior staff are reported to have been informed at a meeting today Honda in Japan are no longer willing to bankroll the outfit.

It is suggested the team will be put up for sale, and if no buyer is found by the end of the month the manufacturer will withdraw from F1.

Any such move would send shockwaves through the sport and cast question marks over the future of other manufacturers in the current financial climate.

FIA president Max Mosley warned earlier this year the sport was unsustainable at the moment because of the high costs needed to compete.

It would also mean the grid being reduced to only 18 cars and would leave drivers Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello without seats.

[source]
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

Jack735 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2008 at 08:55

TBH I’ve never liked Button.  To my mind he’s never talked any sense, his dad even less, and his choice of teams while obviously he’s a world champion elect driver has smacked of money, not having to make much of an effort, first.

It will be interesting to see which other teams clamour for his signature.  While admittedly my expertise, apart from a wee flurry in the Aurora F1 in the early 80s, has been limited to a keen spectator I’d take Rubens Barrichello if I was a team manager/owner.

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2008 at 09:36
Since the Honda F1 'earth car' was introduced, their performance has went spiraling..must be run on bio fuels or something

Ross Brawn will have no problem in supporting another F1 Team. Barrachello's excellent career is all but over and JB has been put on the media pedastool of 'Great British Drivers' since day one of his F1 career.

Shame for the sport if this comes..I'm pretty sure this wont be the only F1Team.

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2008 at 09:43
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

button says wins are possible in 2009 - yeh, roight,

I'd like to see him and Honda do well, and I believe they may pull it off next year.........

Looks like it ain't gonna happen:

Honda to quit F1 - reports

04/12/2008 - 21:45:42

Honda are expected to make a formal announcement on their future in Formula One tomorrow amid reports they are set to leave the sport.

The team’s senior staff are reported to have been informed at a meeting today Honda in Japan are no longer willing to bankroll the outfit.

It is suggested the team will be put up for sale, and if no buyer is found by the end of the month the manufacturer will withdraw from F1.

Any such move would send shockwaves through the sport and cast question marks over the future of other manufacturers in the current financial climate.

FIA president Max Mosley warned earlier this year the sport was unsustainable at the moment because of the high costs needed to compete.

It would also mean the grid being reduced to only 18 cars and would leave drivers Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello without seats.

[source]

Shows that I know exactly SFA.

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2008 at 17:34
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2008 at 23:41
STATEMENT FROM BMW TO FORMULA ONE EXIT OF HONDA
05/12/2008

Dr. Klaus Draeger, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Development:
"It is with regret that we learnt of Honda’s decision. It has no bearing on BMW’s involvement in Formula One.

Our F1 involvement is an integral part of the company strategy. There is no better platform than Formula One for demonstrating our brand values. BMW, moreover, makes targeted use of the Formula One project as a technology accelerator for series production.

With the BMW Sauber F1 Team, we have from the start focused on high efficiency and have achieved our successes with a compact and powerful team. The cost-benefit ratio is commensurately positive. The measures now proposed by FOTA for significant cost cuts starting as early as season 2009 are a further important contribution."
1997 E39 523i
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2008 at 15:24

TBH formula one is becoming an expensive joke. Race results are decided in the court room and when people do overtake they get penalised.

It's about time they got rid of the stupid egos, stupid rules and got down to some proper racing. It quite simply does not make a good spectator sport anymore.

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-December-2008 at 19:46

But don't care.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-December-2008 at 09:29

Climate change makes fossil fools of F1

...But there's time to turn the corner - with some great ideas!

Usual cr%p from that rag.

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-December-2008 at 13:00

You're a Sun "reader" I take it?

But don't care.
Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-December-2008 at 13:50

It seems to me to be the rantings of someone a wee bit bitter and twisted.

Was he missed out when the freebies for the GB GP were handed out?

Has he just discovered he and his ‘partner’ haven’t been invited to the Max & Bernie Christmas bun fight?

It really is difficult to find any paper to read when the quality of reporting has become so shockingly poor, for the most part irresponsible and being virtually answerable to no one.

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2008 at 09:47

But don't care.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2008 at 11:18

Mosley Delighted

Has he been for another spanking session?

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2008 at 16:34

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2008 at 22:01
Quote Ferrari F1 going racing with... Tata Motors?

An historic event will take place at the start of the 2009 Formula 1 season as Italian Ferrari grand prix cars will be emblazoned with the logos of an Indian automaker for the first time ever. Tata Motors, a subsidiary of the Tata Group, has purchased rights to sponsor Ferrari's F1 racing efforts. Details of the duration and the dollar amount have yet to be revealed. This isn't the first time Tata has been involved with F1, however. A few years back, it was a sponsor of both Jordan and Williams' F1 efforts.

The partnership is not as left-field as it might initially seem, as Fiat (which owns the Prancing Horse) has a few joint ventures with the Indian automaker. Ferrari, being a very small manufacturer of roadgoing supercars, requires sponsorships such as this to continue racing in such expensive series as Formula 1. For Tata, placing its corporate logos on Ferrari race cars outwardly associates them with one of the most prestigious marques in the world, a move they doubtlessly see as key in their push to become a global automotive force.
1997 E39 523i
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-December-2008 at 13:06

Read elsewhere it was Tata's IT consultancy, not their automotive arm.

ETA; http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/tcs-inks-marketi ng-dealferrari/18/31/51474/on

Edited by Sporty1

Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2008 at 09:30

Wouldn't wipe my ar*e with the Mail

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2008 at 14:33

Still Tata though, so as they own Jaguar/Land Rover, and it is rumoured that the UK government is going to bale them out to the tune of billons of £'s, and we pay the UK government taxes, does that mean that WE end up sponsoring Ferrari?

But don't care.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2008 at 15:20

Still Tata though, so as they own Jaguar/Land Rover, and it is rumoured that the UK government is going to bale them out to the tune of billons of £'s, and we pay the UK government taxes, does that mean that WE end up sponsoring Ferrari?

Not unless the UK government also 'bail' out TCS.

Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-December-2008 at 09:51

3 potential buyers for the crappy Honda Team.

David Richards, owner of Prodrive.

Achilleas Kallakis, a Greek shipping tycoon, is interested.

Carlos Slim Helú, the second richest man* in the world.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/23/early-suitors-for -honda-formula-one-team/?nl=wheels&emc=wheelsa1

* Imagine being THAT rich and being described as that - not quite good enough!!!  Ron Denis should have a word with him!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>
  Share Topic