Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFormula 1 chit-chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 22>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 17:13
I see the final 2009 calendar has been published:
March 29 - Australia
April 5 - Malaysia
April 19 - China
April 26 - Bahrain
May 10 - Spain
May 24 - Monaco
June 7 - Turkey
June 21 - Britain
July 12 - Germany
July 26 - Hungary
August 23 - Europe
August 30 - Belgium
September 13 - Italy
September 27 - Singapore
October 4 - Japan
October 18 - Brazil
November 1 - United Arab Emirates

I presume that another Fantasy F1 competition (and prize!!!) is expected
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 17:19

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

I see the final 2009 calendar has been published:
with current economic climate i'll suspect there may be more changes to come.

I presume that another Fantasy F1 competition (and prize!!!) is expected
hmm, lets start our own competition "Which F1 round will bite the bullet next" - with no prize.

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 17:43
Are you suggesting that venues will not be able to afford to host them or that the teams may object to so many?
If the former then surely the relevant government would help out financially as its good for tourism and if the latter then this could entitle sponsors to claim a partial refund?
I can't imagine Bernie suggesting it anyhow!
1997 E39 523i
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2008 at 12:03

Are you suggesting that venues will not be able to afford to host them or that the teams may object to so many?
If the former then surely the relevant government would help out financially as its good for tourism and if the latter then this could entitle sponsors to claim a partial refund?
now there's no need to be so sarcastic KB

But don't care.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2008 at 12:06

But don't care.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2009 at 10:12
Originally posted by Jack735 Jack735 wrote:

Carlos Slim Helú, the second richest man* in the world.

Slim's out

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2009 at 21:24

Kubica starts own kart team

6-Jan-2009

Robert Kubica has joined the growing ranks of formula one drivers who are also involved with teams in the lower categories of the sport.

The BMW-Sauber racer is reported to have founded a karting team, in collaboration with the kart manufacturer Birel, with which he was successful during his own days in the junior class.

"I wished to do something active in the world of kart racing, the discipline which allowed me to stand out and take the path leading to F1, and which I still love," Kubica, 24 and from Poland, told his F1 team's website.

After his F1 testing duties in December, Kubica tested the new chassis.

It is said he intends to take a hands-on management role with his team, which is set to participate in major international events starting this year.

Fernando Alonso and Jarno Trulli are also involved with their own kart outfits, while Kimi Raikkonen and Giancarlo Fisichella have teams in F3 and GP2 respectively.
1997 E39 523i
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2009 at 11:34
fingers crossed!

Kubica will take the 2009 World title'

Saturday 10th January 2009

Murray Walker reckons Robert Kubica could this year's Drivers' Championship title, while Renault should also find themselves near the front of the pack.

Driving for BMW last season, Kubica found himself leading the Drivers' standings after his win at the Canadian GP.

The Polish driver, though, fell out of the running for the title at the penultimate race of the season with many claiming it was largely BMW's lack of progress that cost him rather than his own ability.

This year, though, former F1 commentator Walker believes Kubica could be in the running thanks to the sport's new regulations.

"Nobody has got the faintest idea what's going to be happening in 2009," Walker said during the Autosport International Show.

"They've thrown all the balls up in the air, we've got KERS, we've got slick tyres - thank God - all sorts of different things happening next year. It's going to be very different.

"Ask me who will win the Championship this year. Robert Kubica in the BMW.

"They're a mighty switched on organisation, BMW, they make cracking road cars and I am full of admiration and respect for what they've done. And they will get better."

As for Renault, Walker believes the 2005 and 2006 World Champions could find themselves winning more races with Fernando Alonso.

"They got it wrong by not stretching the rules as much as some of the other teams may have done in the engine department last year, but now that's being put right," Walker said.

"I think Renault are going to be a big threat, particularly with Fernando Alonso at the wheel because he has still got something to prove."

[planet-f1.com]
1997 E39 523i
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2009 at 09:25

2009 Ferrari F60

The launch line-up in full:
January 12 - Ferrari, online / Fiorano, Italy
January 15 - Toyota TF109, online
January 16 - McLaren MP4-24, Woking, UK
January 19 - Renault R29, Algarve Motor Park, Portugal
January 19 - Williams FW31, Algarve Motor Park, Portugal
January 20 - BMW Sauber F1.09, Valencia, Spain
January 20 - Toyota TF109 (track debut), Algarve Motor Park, Portugal
February 9 - Red Bull RB5, Jerez, Spain

(Minus Honda.)

Edited by Sporty1

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 11:34

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2009 at 10:04
Mclaren MP4-24

Williams FW31

Renault R29

Edited by Sporty1

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 10:55
BMW F1.09

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2009 at 16:58
1997 E39 523i
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2009 at 17:46

Ha Ha

'New Ferrari F60 Is Illegal' Claim Toyota

BMW has exposed exhausts too..........

........ car is only illegal when it fails scrutineering.

F60 with shorter pipes

Edited by Sporty1

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2009 at 11:56

'BMW have the budget for 2009'

BMW team boss Mario Theissen has revealed that his team's budget is secured for this season at least.

The current financial crisis throughout the world is having a heavy impact on Formula One with Honda the second team in less than 12 months to withdraw from the sport.

This has raised some concerns that other big-name manufacturers may drop out as car sales continue to tumble.

Theissen, though, has downplayed concerns that BMW could join the list after losing Swiss bank Credit Suisse as a major sponsor.

According to the German, the BMW team has the funds to complete this year's Championship and are already on the lookout for new sponsors.

"I have to say we are absolutely safe on the budget side for this year," he told ITV.

"We are in a situation where the initial sponsoring contracts, several of them ran out, some have been renewed and others not.

"We are looking for new sponsors; we have two or three spaces available.

"It might happen before the season, it might happen during the season and I would say it's business as usual on the sponsoring side.

"When we started at the end of 2005 we got all of the sponsors on board and most of the sponsoring contracts are three-year contracts."

The team boss, though, did concede that finding sponsors is not as easy as it was a few years back.

"What I have to say though is that the current economic situation does not only affect Formula 1, it does not only affect the car industry, it affects everybody and most of the sponsors," he said.

"It is definitely more difficult now to convince a potential sponsor that he needs to go into Formula 1 these days than it used to be one or two years ago."

linky
1997 E39 523i
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2009 at 21:31
Bernie: I'm p***ed off
Wednesday 28th January 2009

Clearly Bernie Ecclestone doesn't like to be defied by the F1 teams - as evident by his latest rant at the teams for not agreeing with him.

Ecclestone recently proposed a scheme whereby the F1 World title would be decided based on medals and not points. The idea would see a gold awarded for a win, silver for second and bronze for third with the driver with the most golds winning the title at the end of the season.

However, the majority of the F1 teams and drivers have rubbished the idea, saying it won't work. And Bernie isn't too happy about this.

"The rejection of my medal system pi**es me off. It is not fair that the winner scores only two points more than second place," he told the Daily Telegraph.

"We changed the points distribution because Eddie Jordan was complaining that it looked bad for sponsors to see a team without points. He never considered how bad it might look for his team to have four points and the Championship winners 128.

"Forget medals. It is about a system that rewards winning, makes it worth a driver's while to win and not settle for second place.

"Why would you risk going into a wall for two lousy points? You might if there was more to gain. They say cars don't overtake any more. That is down to the drivers. They don't always have to win to become a champion. Crazy."

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_4864753,00.html

Edited by kbannon
1997 E39 523i
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2009 at 21:52

Bernie: I'm p***ed off
Wednesday 28th January 2009

"The rejection of my medal system pi**es me off.
.....because I control the world supply of Gold, Silver & Bronze. What the fcuk do I do when the price drops? I'll never afford my divorce settlement now"

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2009 at 20:50

BMW: Three key areas to F1.09 development

Thursday 5th February 2009

BMW's managing director Walter Riedl says the team focused on three key areas when designing the new F1.09; aerodynamics, tyre wear and KERS.

This year's Championship sees a whole host of new aerodynamic features on the cars, the most prominent being the shape of the wings.

While at the front of the car the wing is low and flat, extending to the end of the tyres, at the rear it is short and high.

However, it's not just the aerodynamics that have changed. F1 is also returning to slick tyres as well as introducing the Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS).

Both of these lead to additional tyre wear which the teams have had to take into consideration when designing the cars.

"The development of the F1.09 centred on three key areas: aerodynamics, optimum tyre utilisation and the integration of KERS," Riedl explained on the BMW website.

He added that for this year's F1.09 BMW channelled "the large reserves of knowledge amassed during the course of last season.

"The F1.09 contains the combined expertise of a highly motivated team - one which will be pulling out all the stops to fulfil our ambitious aims once again in our fourth year on the F1 grid."

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_4896231,00.html

1997 E39 523i
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2009 at 20:58

FOTA’S ROADMAP FOR THE FUTURE OF FORMULA ONE

Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) reveals initial plans and framework for the future of Formula One at landmark press conference
GENEVA, 5 MARCH 2009: The Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) today outlined its roadmap for Formula One at a press conference at which senior management figures from all 10 current Formula One teams shared the stage together.

Setting out its proposed agenda for the evolution of the sport, FOTA unveiled a dynamic package of unanimously agreed proposals which, pending the approval of the FIA, will take effect in 2009 and/or 2010.

These proposals are aimed at increasing the stability, sustainability, substance and show of Formula One, and have all been developed as a result of rigorous interrogation of a FOTA global audience survey carried out in 17 countries earlier this year. The study canvassed views of existing fans but also, for the first time, drew on insights from a cross-section of general and infrequent followers of the sport, in line with FOTA’s stated ambition to broaden as well as to deepen the appeal of Formula One.

The proposals can be classified under three headings – technical, sporting and commercial - in line with the three working groups inaugurated when FOTA was formed in September 2008. These proposals will ensure the retention of Formula One’s unique and essential sporting ‘DNA’, improve the show for all audiences, reduce costs, and increase the value proposition to the major stakeholders.

Luca di Montezemolo, Chairman of FOTA, said: "This is an unprecedented moment in Formula One history. Above all else, for the first time the teams are unified and steadfast – with a clear, collective vision. Thanks to this unity, all the teams have already managed to make a significant reduction to their costs for 2009. And, while we will continue to compete vigorously on track, we all share one common goal: to work together to improve Formula One by ensuring its stability, sustainability, substance and show for the benefit of our most important stakeholder, namely the consumer. It is with this mindset that we now intend to work hard, with our partners at the FIA and FOM, our shared goal being to optimise the future of Formula One."

KEY PROPOSALS

Technical
2009:
▪ More than 100% increase in mileage per engine (eight engines per driver per season)
▪ Reduction in wind tunnel and CFD (computational fluid dynamics) usage
▪ Engine available at €8 million per team per season

2010:
▪ Engine available at €5 million per team per season
▪ Gearbox available at €1.5 million per team per season
▪ Standardised KERS (put out to tender, with a target price of €1-2 million per team per season)
▪ Target a further 50% reduction of the 2009 aerodynamic development spend
▪ Specified number of chassis, bodywork and aerodynamic development iterations (homologations) during the season
▪ Prohibition of a wide range of exotic, metallic and composite materials
▪ Standardised telemetry and radio systems

Sporting
2009:
▪ Testing reduction (50%)
▪ New points-scoring system (12-9-7-5-4-3-2-1), to give greater differentiation/reward to grand prix winners
▪ Race starting fuel loads, tyre specifications and refuelling data to be made public

2010:
▪ Commitment to recommend new qualifying format
▪ Radical new points-scoring opportunities (eg, one constructors’ championship point to be awarded for the fastest race pit stop)
▪ Further testing reductions (four four-day single-car pre-season tests plus one single-car pre-season shakedown)
▪ Reduction of grand prix duration (250km or a maximum of one hour 40 minutes) pending the approval of the commercial rights holder

Commercial
2009:
▪ Increased data provision for media
▪ Explore means by which the presentation of Formula One action can be more informatively and dynamically presented, common to other sports such as tennis and cricket, to dramatically improve engagement with the public
▪ Nominated senior team spokesman available for TV during grand prix
▪ Commitment to enhance consumer experience via team and FOTA websites
▪ Mandatory driver autograph sessions during grand prix weekends

2010:
▪ Commitment to enhance consumer experience via TV coverage

KEY DEMOGRAPHICS OF GLOBAL AUDIENCE SURVEY
▪ 17 countries surveyed
▪ First ever poll of Formula One devotees alongside non-Formula One devotees (ie, marginal and/or low interest fans)
▪ Responses were weighted according to the size of viewing market in each country (to avoid small markets skewing the results)
▪ Results were segmented by interest level in Formula One, demographic profiles (age and gender), country and region
▪ Total audience is comprised of:
- Regular fans (25% by volume, predominantly male, cross section of ages)
- Moderate fans (44% by volume, female and male, cross section of ages)
- Infrequent fans (31% by volume, unlikely to watch grands prix, predominantly female, cross section of ages)

KEY FINDINGS OF GLOBAL AUDIENCE SURVEY
1. F1 isn’t broken, so beware ‘over-fixing’ it
The current race format is not viewed as fundamentally broken (across all levels of Formula One interest) and therefore doesn’t require radical alteration. There is a strong desire for Formula One to remain meritocratic, while consumer interest is driven most by appreciation of driver skill, overtaking and technology.

Implication: there is no evidence to suggest that grand prix formats need ‘tricking up’ via, for example, handicapping, sprint races, reversed grids or one-on-one pursuit races. Formula One audiences appreciate the traditional gladiatorial, high-tech nature of the sport and would not respond favourably to a perceived ‘dumbing down’ of the current format.

2. F1 needs to be more consumer-friendly
An individual’s view or understanding of Formula One is framed almost entirely by their local broadcaster. Unlike most global sports, the vast majority of ‘consumption’ of Formula One is via race-day TV coverage, supplemented in part by traditional, non-specialist newspaper coverage. Formula One fans are also mature consumers of new media channels (eg, on-line, mobile) and other touch points (eg, gaming, merchandise).

The global nature of Formula One, although an attractive characteristic in itself, impedes the uniformity of race schedules, and often results in consumption of a race being limited to locally broadcast TV highlights programmes. Only devotees (25% of the total potential viewing audience) are likely to watch a race live if it occurs outside peak viewing times.

Implication: significant opportunities exist to build audience via other channels such as internet and mobile.

3. Major changes to qualifying format are not urgent
When asked to consider alternative qualifying formats, all fan types expressed a modest preference for a meritocratically determined starting grid. There was some degree of interest in allowing luck to play a part in shaping the starting order, but the general sentiment was that the fastest driver should always start from pole.

Implication: there may be justification for minor modifications to the current qualifying format, following further trials; however, a major change to the format will not result in a significant increase in audience.

4. Revisions to the points-scoring system
As with qualifying, all audiences want a meritocratic points-scoring system. This means that they want winning grands prix to count for more than it does currently. There is an indication that all audiences would like to see a greater points reward for winning grands prix.

Implication: a minor adjustment to the existing points system is justified

5. Evolution of pit stops and refuelling
All audiences view pit stops as integral to their enjoyment of grand prix coverage; however, they rank the most important and compelling aspect of pit stops as tyre changing rather than refuelling. Race strategies were not highly ranked as a determinant of interest in Formula One.

Implication: audiences are unlikely to diminish if refuelling is discontinued. Tyre changing is an important driver of audience interest (in pit stops) and should not be further automated.

TEAM PRINCIPAL QUOTES

Sir Frank Williams (Team Principal, AT&T WilliamsF1)
“The new FOTA group has the best of intentions in representing the teams’ best interests, both technically and commercially. FOTA wishes to enjoy an open and productive relationship with both the FIA and FOM.”

Dr Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director and Team Principal, BMW Sauber F1 Team)
“The FIA and FOTA are pursuing the same aims – to increase the sporting value of Formula One and to cut the expenditure required to do so. Reducing costs is definitely the way to go. The members of FOTA have made great efforts to this end over recent months and have set out a whole series of measures which will already allow substantial cost savings in 2009. Further savings for the coming years will follow in due course.”

Dr Vijay Mallya (Chairman and Team Principal, Force India Formula One Team)
“Formula One is undoubtedly about competition and striving to beat one’s opposition. While this is very much the essence of the on-track action, unity and collaboration off-track is crucial. The open spirit of discussion and co-operation to increase both the spectacle and financial viability of Formula One are entirely positive for the sport and its investors – ie, the teams, the sponsors and of course the fans. I fully support the initiatives and hope that between FOTA, the FIA and FOM we can find a balance to safeguard the wonderful sport we have before us now.”

Flavio Briatore (Team Principal, ING Renault F1 Team)
“Through FOTA we have found unity among the teams as we strive to provide a sustainable future for Formula One. From a commercial standpoint, we recognise that while our sport enjoys a remarkable global reach, there is still room to improve its appeal as an investment opportunity.
It is clear that we need to strengthen Formula One as a show and through our global audience survey we have given a voice to the consumers of Formula One. The results confirm that we must exploit the potential of new media, while continuing to enhance the TV experience, which remains the most important interface with the public. It is therefore essential to provide our audience with more information and to make the teams and drivers more accessible to ensure that we deliver a product that is always exciting, unpredictable and compelling both on and off the track. I am confident that, working together, and in a constructive spirit with both governing bodies FIA and FOM, FOTA can help build a solid future for the sport in the years ahead.”

Tadashi Yamashina (Team Principal, Panasonic Toyota F1)
"FOTA has already achieved a great deal and we can be very satisfied with the progress we have made, but there is a lot of work still ahead of us. It is vitally important not to neglect the soul of grand prix racing. Formula One is the pinnacle of motorsport and our challenge is to retain the DNA of the sport as a technological as well as a human contest, while also delivering value for money for all stakeholders, and this includes the fans. We all embrace the need to cut costs, and the significant savings achieved by FOTA and the FIA at the end of last year are a promising start. FOTA’s strength lies in the unity of the teams. This unprecedented joint initiative, which we hope will work in combination with the FIA and FOM, can inspire Formula One to conquer the challenges facing it and the wider world."

Christian Horner (Team Principal, Red Bull Racing)
“Since FOTA was established in the summer of 2008, the organisation has already made strides, in conjunction with the FIA, towards achieving significant cost savings for the 2009 season. Through FOTA’s working groups, the teams are acting as a unit for the first time to ensure Formula One improves its appeal to all generations of fans, while continuing to control costs. Red Bull fully supports the work of FOTA.”

Stefano Domenicali (Team Principal, Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro)
“United in our intentions and with a common vision for the future of Formula One, while remaining rivals on track: these are the key strengths of FOTA. It is thanks to its creation that we have already achieved significant results in just a few months. Racing is part of Ferrari’s DNA and will always be so, which is why we are working very hard, along with all the other teams. We must continue on this track to make our sport more exciting for the fans and more attractive for our current partners and also potential ones, while maintaining close links with the production of road cars.”

Franz Tost (Team Principal, Scuderia Toro Rosso)
"FOTA has already achieved a great deal in a short space of time, thanks to unprecedented unanimity amongst the teams. The motto ‘united we stand, divided we fall’ has been around for many years, but Formula One team owners took a while to take it on board! FOTA should not rest on its laurels, but continue to collaborate as closely as possible with the FIA and FOM to ensure the continued success of Formula One as a sport, as entertainment and as a business."

Martin Whitmarsh (Team Principal, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes)
"FOTA has already achieved more than any other assembly of Formula One teams in the history of our sport, and those achievements are both a result of and a testament to the strength of FOTA's unity. On track, Formula One teams remain as competitive as ever; but, off track, in collaboration with the FIA and FOM, motivated by our shared ambition to steer grand prix racing to ever-greater successes, we're now devoting a great deal of time, resource and radical thought to making a concerted effort to enhance the benefits of all Formula One stakeholders – the teams, the manufacturers, the sponsors, the media and above all the fans."

Ross Brawn
“FOTA represents a hugely important initiative, all of the Formula One teams working together to combine their strengths to the benefit of all aspects of our sport, Formula One. Never before have I experienced the level of unity and commitment of the teams that has been demonstrated within FOTA under the leadership of Luca di Montezemolo. This is a complementary process to the work of the FIA and FOM and enables the teams to present unified views on how we can take both our sport and the motorsport industry forward. As an ex-rugby player, I was taught to apply the principles of competition on the field and a spirit of co-operation and unity off the field. That is the principle of FOTA."
1997 E39 523i
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2009 at 09:35
Latest testing times from Barcelona ;

LAPS

1 K. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:20.314   55  
2 K. Nakajima Williams 1:20.907 +0:00.593 66  
3 R. Barrichello Brawn GP 1:20.966 +0:00.652 111  
4 J. Trulli Toyota 1:21.187 +0:00.873 121  
5 M. Webber Red Bull Racing 1:21.347 +0:01.033 66  
6 N. Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:21.615 +0:01.301 127  
7 A. Sutil Force India F1 Team 1:21.834 +0:01.520 82  
8 F. Alonso Renault 1:21.937 +0:01.623 111  
9 H. Kovalainen McLaren 1:21.991 +0:01.677 88  
10 S. Bourdais Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:23.039 +0:02.725 14  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 22>