Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHi Guys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi Guys
    Posted: 14-October-2008 at 22:20

just thought i'd pop on-line to say "Hi Guys" .. nop i'm still not back in a BMW but i'm on the hunt for another E30 either 325 rag top or sport

since i last posted i'd sold my E30 320 rag top and had also bought a very rare Mitsubishi Super VR4 .. well the S-VR4 lasted 2 mths and i now drive a manual 3ltr Supra  .. talk about tail happy!  not a car i ever thought i'd own but i'm glad ... no i'm very glad i got one.

www.cardomain.com/ride/3152469

any way just thought i'd drop by, say hello and just let ya'll know ive not forgot about ya'll and the freindly meet's i'd attended

like i say, all going well i'll have another E30 soon and i'll hopefully join in in more meet day's

Ian

Edited by 523 iAN
2003-530i SE
Sponsored Links

big pimpin View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"It’s F*cked"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big pimpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2008 at 09:36
Ian, there was an E30 325i vert in the scot-ad a couple of weeks back, up in
Inverness. I can try to dig out the number if you want?

Cheers.
E90 320d - M635 CSi - 635CSi Highline - GMC Typhoon - 4.6 P38
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2008 at 09:55

thank's, at the moment i'm hanging off till next month as ive got a white 325 sport in mind, ive knowin about this one for about 2mth's and i had a quick look at the car a few weeks back, it was blocked in and couldn't get a proper look at it, also if i go for another rag top ive been asked by my wife if i'd get an auto version so she can use it to.

the owner of the white sport has had it stored round the back of his house for the past 6 yrs, to get the car out he has to break down his garage as it was built after he put the E30 in his back yard!

he is moving away and the garage coming down will be the last job he will have done.

it's been very well cared for, even though it's in his back garden he still starts it & drives it and he has even had a garage go and service it 3 times, he had an accident over 6yrs ago and put the E30 off the road with the hope of using it again for himself but due to his accident he can only ever drive auto's.

ive said i can help pull down the garage if needed, so if i help i'll take a camera  

2003-530i SE
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2008 at 18:45
you're like a bad penny

only jokin mate glad to see you've not forgot the way here and look forward to seeing you at a meet in the new year. In the meantime I'll keep my eye out for a sideways Supra when I'm down your neck of the woods

///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2008 at 18:56

Hey bud, howzithingin ?

Good to see you're still around.

523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2008 at 20:06

ive just been offered a certain E34 525 sport that use to be long to a member on here, for a very good price  ... or do i wait for the E30 sport

i like E30's, but ive never owned a E34

decisions, decisions!

2003-530i SE
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2008 at 22:21
so is that certain 525 back in one piece, if you don't take it I maybe interested if price is right
///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2008 at 22:50

Originally posted by stevie53 stevie53 wrote:

so is that certain 525 back in one piece, if you don't take it I maybe interested if price is right

nearly, it's had a few new bushes fitted and the engine is sounding good (at the moment)

ive been offered it to "run-in" for a week or so and if i'm happy with it ive to make an offer, ive always admired the look of this car

2003-530i SE
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2008 at 08:36

Hi mate

Glad to see you are still about.

Why did you get rid of the Super VR4?

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2008 at 09:39

i wanted a VR4 so badly ... waited 4 yrs to get the right one and i just never got that feeling you need when you own/drive that type of car .. just felt like the wrong type of car for me. 4wd and turbo's are something i wasn't use, my Impreza was a better driving car and i never realy liked that either!

TBH i'm glad to be back were i belong.. in a non turbo, non 4wd with a straight 6 turning a rear axle  .. not to mention a manual box

this year alone ive owned and sold

Mitsubishi Colt Cyborg (replaced with a Corsa SXi), E39 523ise, Subaru Impreza "RA", E30 cabby, Mitsubishi VR4 .. now in the Supra and i'm enjoying it  ive no regrets about selling any of them, just regrets about buying one of them!

the Supra is the best car on fuel ive owned from the above list (apart from the Corsa) & probably one of the cheapest to service

2003-530i SE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic