Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Related News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSpied:BMW Z4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spied:BMW Z4
    Posted: 15-October-2008 at 22:51
Quote Spied:BMW Z4

These latest spy shots of the 2009 BMW Z4 caught testing in Germany clearly show that the new two-seat roadster will be getting a folding metal roof in place of the current car’s fabric item.

The next Z4 will make its debut at the LA motor show in November before going on sale in the last quarter of next year.

Aimed squarely at the Audi TT, the new Z4 will come with a comprehensive range of engine, all common to 3-Series on which it’s based.

We’re expecting that line-up to include a twin-turbo 3.0-litre petrol six and the mighty 4.0-litre V8 from the M3. Sources inside Munich also confirm that, for the first time, BMW is almost certain to make a diesel-powered version of one of its ‘Z’-cars, aimed squarely at the Audi TT TDI.

The diesel motor is likely to be the exceptional 204bhp version of the 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel that is fitted to the 123d Coupe.

The new Z4 will also benefit from BMW’s EfficientDynamics programme, boosting fuel economy and cutting emissions. This is likely to include stop-start and a part-time alternator.

Our pictures of this lightly disguised Z4 show more of its body than we’ve seen before. The looks have been toned down compared with the current car - particularly around the front-end, which is neater and more elegant than its predecessor.

As a result BMW will be hoping for more success with this Z4, which never managed to match the Z3’s peak sales figures in the UK.

The outgoing Z4 peaked in 2004, when BMW shifted 4800 to British buyers – less than half the number of TTs that Audi sold. The current model’s ‘awkward’ styling alienated many buyers, particularly women, who didn’t take to Chris Bangle’s outlandish design.

[autocar]
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2008 at 21:38
Quote 2009 BMW Z4 with Folding Hardtop Scooped In and Out

The next-generation BMW Z4 Roadster has been spied again, and this time it is wearing even less camouflage. It seems as if BMW are planning to reveal the Z4 at the North American International Auto Show, in Detroit, during January 2009.

These latest spy shots show the Z4 wearing just a few parts of BMW’s psychedelic camou-plastic. The exterior camouflage which is on show on this model gives us a better view of the 2009 Z4’s retractable hardtop which will eliminate the fixed-top coupe variant from the line-up. BMW might however also offer a soft-top variant alongside the coupe-cabrio model which is pictured below.

BMW have decided that the interior will follow the same architecture of the current-generation model, and the new Z4 will feature the new iDrive system.

The engine lineup will feature a the new 3.0-litre twin-turbo inline-six cylinder engine which delivers 326hp. The engine line up will also include a 2.5-litre and a 3.0-litre naturally aspirated six-cylinder engine, and most of the European countries will have a Z4 with an entry level 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol unit.

There will also be a top of the range M Z4 model that will be on the market by 2010, it will be equipped with the M3’s 420-hp 4.0-litre V8 engine.

[carscoop]

Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic