Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To the citizens of the United States of America ...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo the citizens of the United States of America ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To the citizens of the United States of America ...
    Posted: 12-November-2008 at 11:46

... from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA, and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately.

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except Kansas, which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.

Congress and the Senate will be disbanded.

A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

(You should look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary).

1. Then look up aluminium, and check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it.

2. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as "colour," "favour," "labour," and "neighbour". Likewise, you will learn to spell "doughnut" without skipping half the letters; and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise'. Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up "vocabulary").

3. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let M*crosoft know on your behalf. The M*crosoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'U' and the elimination of '-ize'.

4. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

5. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out with suing someone or speaking to a therapist then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

6. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

7. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables.

Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

8. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have wrongly been calling gasoline) of roughly $10 a proper gallon. Get used to it.

9. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

10. The cold tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

11. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie MacDowell attempt English dialogue in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

12. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you used to call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies). Don't try rugby yet though as the South Africans and Kiwis will thrash you, like they regularly thrash us.

13. Further, you will stop playing baseball, which is rounders and is normally only played by children. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America, other than in Japan. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will instead learn the civilised (note spelling) game of cricket, and we will let you face the South Africans first, to take the sting out of their deliveries.

13. You must tell us who killed JFK. It has been driving one mad.

15. An internal revenue agent (in future tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776) if by the time he or she arrives, your country is not entirely bankrupt.

16. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (formerly cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2008 at 11:56
I'm surprised that the queen wants them to go metric!
I'm also surprised that jam and jelly aren't in there - I suppose they can't take too much info at once!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
steven.seed View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.seed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2008 at 15:36

Also relevant to a car forum no more Auto's, hoods, trunks and sidewalks. All Americans should also learn to drive a manual gearbox (not a stick shift). Fenders should be removed and replaced with bumpers and rims with alloy wheels.

God save the Queen.

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2008 at 20:24
Also they should adopt the roundabout and drive on the left.
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2008 at 21:12

Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

Errr?

Quote 7. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect.

Doh!

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2008 at 22:49
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Errr?

Quote 7. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect.

Doh!

You know me, I can't be arsed reading all that..
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
alym786 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alym786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2008 at 16:56
And stop saying that is sick...

E46 328ci now sold :(
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2008 at 18:20

Errr?
Doh!

and you call yourself a moderator?

But don't care.
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2008 at 19:30

Errr?
Doh!

What do you think we got you in here for?
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2008 at 20:08

Errr?
Doh!
What do you think we got you in here for?

Oh yeh!  "Dog" and "Bark" and all that stuff?

let me at 'em........

But don't care.
Misty Morning View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misty Morning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2008 at 20:14

let me at 'em........

Naughty naughty your not aloud guns over here

although I do believe chairs are 

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2008 at 20:18

Originally posted by Misty Morning Misty Morning wrote:

Naughty naughty your not aloud guns over here although I do believe chairs are 

this allowed?

(me->  <-you)

But don't care.
Misty Morning View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misty Morning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2008 at 20:28

Naughty naughty your not aloud guns over here although I do believe chairs are 

this allowed?

(me->  <-you)

you me

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2008 at 20:32

you me

Nee-Naa..  "now then, what's goin' on 'ere then?"

But don't care.
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2008 at 21:40
Has this got anything to do with the thread topic?
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2008 at 22:19

not really - except the cop car  

But don't care.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2008 at 22:40

not really - except the cop car  

p.s. you started it

But don't care.
davy tombstone View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy tombstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2008 at 00:02
now now children
p.s. my dads bigger.
Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2008 at 21:18

I am sorry to say this but US roads systems are better than the UK's.  The block system in cities is idiot proof.  This includes intersections and stop signs instead of bloody roundabouts!

And driving on the left, is that not a minority?  Therefore we are in the wrong in the UK.  If we drove on the other side maybe then manufacturers would have to think of a new excuse for ripping us off.

New prime minister Gordon Brown!!  I wouldn't wish that upon anybody... do you hate the US that much??

Daz

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2008 at 22:05

Originally posted by Daz Daz wrote:

And driving on the left, is that not a minority? 
Err.. looks like it

http://www.geocities.com/jusjih/drive-rl.html

but it doesn't make it wrong - after all we are British

Rule Britannia and all that

But don't care.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic