Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Related News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BMW Group produces first UK Sustainable Value Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBMW Group produces first UK Sustainable Value Report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BMW Group produces first UK Sustainable Value Report
    Posted: 13-November-2008 at 07:52
BMW Group produces first UK Sustainable Value Report
12/11/2008

BMW Group in the UK has produced its first sustainable value report. The report reveals that despite significant increases in production at all four plants, the general trend over the past five years has been a reduction in energy consumed per vehicle produced.

The report, which builds on BMW Group’s first UK environmental report issued in 2006, also details the company’s achievements in the fields of environmental product development, cleaner manufacturing and the company’s positive economic and social impact on the areas in which it operates.

The report considers all of BMW Group’s four manufacturing locations in the UK, MINI Plant Oxford (MINI), Plant Goodwood (Rolls-Royce), Plant Hams-Hall (4-cylinder engines) and MINI Plant Swindon (pressings and sub-assemblies).

Examples of how the manufacturing facilities have improved their processes to reduce their impact on the environment can be found the report ranging from the introduction of an innovative new paint technology at MINI Plant Oxford that reduces emissions by ten per cent to the locating of suppliers close to the plants to reduce transport miles.

Corporate Social Responsibility is an area that BMW Group in the UK takes very seriously. Since 2001 BMW Group has established a significant presence in the UK employing around 6000 full time associates in its seven business locations around the UK. Engaging with the communities in which it operates has been fundamental to BMW, and it has successfully made a contribution to society over an above an economic one. Examples include encouraging foreign language skills in schools (Hams Hall), supporting cultural activities such as the Cowley Carnival (MINI Plant Oxford) and the regeneration of Lydiard Park coach house to provide an education centre( MINI Plant Swindon). In addition, BMW Group in the UK also supports a number of charities. During 2008 both Air Ambulances and UK Children’s Hospices have been beneficiaries of BMW Group donations.

http://www.bmwgroup.com/sustainability/

Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic