Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW X Power (4x4 BMWs)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2010 BMW X6 ActiveHybrid [Spied again]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 BMW X6 ActiveHybrid [Spied again]
    Posted: 18-November-2008 at 20:50
2010 BMW X6 ActiveHybrid [Spied again]
Quote Hybrid interest has piqued ever since gas topped $4, with buyers still clamoring for the fuel-saving technology — despite falling gas prices. BMW is preparing to launch a range of new hybrids, including the X6 ActiveHybrid, which our spy photographers spotted today virtually camo free.

We first saw BMW’s X6 ActiveHybrid Concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show, and BMW is wasting no time with real-time development, and, as sources are telling us, you’re even looking at the production sheet-metal with the lightly bulged hood. We’re even hearing rumors that the X6 ActiveHybrid will be available in just one color!

While it remains unclear what engine will be coupled with the hybrid powertrain, the X6 ActiveHybrid will use a version of the two-mode hybrid system that was developed with General Motors and Daimler.

Like GM’s two-mode hybrid vehicles, the X6 ActiveHybrid will be able to be powered by the electric motor on its own or in tandem with SAC’s internal combustion engine, and will also feature regenerative braking. The system is said to boost fuel-economy in the X6 by 20% overall.
While BMW has yet to announce when the hybrid version of the X6 will hit the market, sources say it could be as soon as mid-2009 as a 2010 model.

[leftlanenews.com]
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic