Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Related News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Images of the Brabham M3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Images of the Brabham M3
    Posted: 01-December-2008 at 17:40
www.bmw2002.co.uk
o==00==o
Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2008 at 19:40
The Brabham BMW apparently has nothing to do with Brabham Racing - they just used the name (without authorisation).
Originally posted by The not real Brabham Racingbr The not real Brabham Racingbr wrote:

A Disclaimer and Open letter from the Site owner
============================================================ =
To the Honourable Sir Jack Brabham,

I. the site owner, would like to apologise for any discomfort or stress that my website (www.brabhambmw.com) has caused you and your family

I would also like to take this opportunity to let you know that I meant no harm or malice whatsoever and if you would please take the time to continue reading this letter to better understand my actions.

I was born in South Africa and my father was a Formula One fanatic and as a hobby, he tuned cars for himself and friends He spent countless hours in his workshop banging away at steel, revving engines and organising his tools.

I remember being just eight years old and my father came home one day with a large framed poster He took a step ladder, climbed to the top, put a nail in the wall and he asked me to pass him the poster He hung the poster, adjusted it to be perfectly strait and he climbed down.

He stood by me and we both looked up at it and I asked after a short period of silence “Who is that Dad?" and my Father answered ~son, that there is a legend - Jack Brabham" (The picture was taken at Kyalami when you won the race there in 1970)

I grew up seeing your smiling face almost every day. I followed Formula One along with my Father and I, too, became a Formula One and car fanatic as I grew up - I still am today

I am 30 years old now and I live in Cyprus I am a web developer by profession and I participate, contribute and read many car blogs and forums.

To my delight, I started to read countless forums on many websites that Brabham racing is returning after sixteen years

Wow! I thought. What great news! I even called my father back home in South Africa to let him know He was delighted (He told me that your poster was still in the same place)

The idea came to me to start a website that will showcase all the models that will be produced by Brabham Racing. The website would be a hub for all your fans to come and see, comment and contribute to news and events related to your new venture I purchased the domain names and set up the website

It didn't take long to realise that I was wrong

I quickly learnt that the Brabham heritage was being used. This upset me not only because I felt tricked into building a website to support this, but mainly because this was not supported by any of the three generations of Brabham family racing.

I tried to make things better by posting on the website all your press releases and interviews that have spread among the automotive websites like wildfire I thought this would be a good thing to do because the website has been receiving a substantial amount of traffic and any visitors would read the posts and realise that the Brabham family had nothing to do with this.

It was too late

The visitors to the site thought that brabhambmw.com was the official website of  the  Brabham family, I started getting hate mail by users and requests by BMW AG to take the site down immediately

I thought “How could this be happening to me, I am a BMW fan right down to the bone and I have the greatest respect for you Sir. This must stop now" I thought.

I would like to let you know that I will take down the website when you require, but in the meantime, I will emphasize on the site that Brabham Racing that is exhibiting at the Essen Motor Show is using your family name without your family’s endorsement.

As I am expecting thousands of visits to the website during the period of the motor shows, I would like to make it clear to them all what you have said to me and that none of these cars, wheels or accessories have any endorsements from the REAL Brabham racing family.

I know that offering to do this does not excuse my actions - but after reading this letter hope you can understand them

Sir, I ask that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Kind regards and good health to you and your family

The Website owner

See http://brabhambmw.com/
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic