Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE36 Climate Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E36 Climate Control
    Posted: 12-December-2008 at 11:03
The climate control on my 98 323i coupe has started to go on and off intermittently. I hear it's a very common problem on the E36. Does anyone know of a garage or auto electrician in the Dublin area that can fix it without costing an arm and a leg?
Sponsored Links

Eamo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2008 at 11:26
more than likely its the relay - have had this happen to me twice before. if you dig out your owners book and check the fuse box listing you'll see which one it is.

other than that it may be the unit itself. these can be bought cheaply enough and are a very easy plug and play swap

check www.fabdirect.com for a 2nd hand unit
Don B View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2008 at 23:45

Possibly the final stage resistor, very easy DIY on the E36.

Should cost you about €60 and take about 15 mins to fit if it turns out to be the problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic