Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Related News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Managing Director for BMW UK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Managing Director for BMW UK
    Posted: 30-January-2009 at 22:37
New Managing Director for BMW UK
PHOTO select to view enlarged photo

BRACKNELL, BMW – January 30, 2009: Tim Abbott has been named the new Managing Director of BMW (UK) and will take up his new position on 1 February 2009. Tim is currently the company’s Sales Director, a post he has held since August 2006. He replaces Klaus Kibsgaard who is moving to a new senior management post within the BMW Group Sales and Marketing division which will be announced soon.

Tim has a broad experience of the motor industry spanning both manufacturer and retail environments. He first joined BMW in 1986 and held several positions in the regional and then national sales teams. In 1996 his career took him into the retail sector with Audi, establishing a successful group of five dealerships in the south-east of England which he sold in 2004 to United Auto Group (UAG). Following two years as a Divisional Managing Director for Sytner Group, he rejoined BMW (UK) as Sales Director. Speaking today, Ian Robertson, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG responsible for sales and marketing, said, “Tim’s breadth of experience across this industry has proved to be a great asset in his current position and will be even more valuable as he takes over the leadership of BMW (UK). He is a skilled business leader and his retail experience gives him exceptional insight into dealer network management. I congratulate him on his appointment.”

Tim commented, “I am clearly delighted with my new appointment. While the current business environment is tough, our exceptional brands and range of outstanding cars and motorcycles put us in a strong position. My role is to give clear leadership and direction to the company and the dealer network as we meet the challenges which lie ahead.”

Tim is 51 years-old, was educated at Loughborough University and is married with three children. He has a keen interest in motorsport and golf.

[theautochannel.com]

Edited by kbannon
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic