Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhi can anyone help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 320mar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hi can anyone help
    Posted: 12-February-2009 at 16:43
hi all my 320ci 01 wont start? it started fine the other day but i went out to start it turned the key click click an a faint wineing noise with all eletics sort of comin on ? anyone know what might be wrong with it please.
Sponsored Links

m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 17:42
Sounds like a flat battery?
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
320mar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 320mar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 17:50
Thanks for your reply, if the battery was flat would the boot lights an inside car lights not be working because they are coming on?
m3Cecotto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2009 at 18:03
There might be enough power to run the low power drain items like interior lights etc. but not enough to crank it over.

Switch the headlights on and try to start it, watching what happens to the headlights.  If they go dim significantly, as you try to start it, it's possible that the battery is flat as all the power is correctly being transferred to the starter.  If they stay at the same brightness, then the power is not being transferred to the starter circuits and it's less likely to be the battery that is your problem.

Can you get someone to try a jump start or a push start if it's manual?
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic