Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked{NE} 8th March Aberdeen Meet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2009 at 19:50

Nice pics pete

Like the black line up

Nice to see a couple of familiar e36coupe members

Soz i never made it,see you at Buckie tho

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Sponsored Links

aberdean View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aberdean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2009 at 20:03

I had an amzing day...I know I turned up short of late...but thanks to Pete and crew for hanging around waiting for our 3 e36 coupes!!! 

It was great to have the drive up the mountain.  The rear view mirror with the line of e36 coupes WOW...I'm 21 and I got excited!!!  It was great that all the drivers were up for a laugh and not too dottled by the "jump"...I loved it...oh and the Alpina joining in on the route LOL!!!

This picture is amazing and to see my car (2nd on the right) in the mountains was unbelievable...We live in an amzing country...lets explore it more boys!!!  Hope to see everyone again.

P.S Pete and Carl I've just taken the plaster off...them windows are leathal, its left a proper hole in my chin and I'm sure I have done damage to my brain with the impact!!!  Fight on for another day!!!

E36 coupes all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This video is amazing copy it into your browser, paste and watch even if you've heard it before)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfq_A8nXMsQ
cormack66 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cormack66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2009 at 20:46

Previous~
e46 323ise   AC SCHNITZER 18" 5 SPOKE WHEELS + AC SCHNITZER MIRRORS + EIBACH PRO LOWERING SPRINGS
Current ~ bmw 120d msport f20
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2009 at 20:48
Originally posted by aberdean aberdean wrote:

I had an amazing day...I know I turned up short of late...but thanks to Pete and crew for hanging around waiting for our 3 e36 coupes!!! 

It was great to have the drive up the mountain.  The rear view mirror with the line of e36 coupes WOW...I'm 21 and I got excited!!!  It was great that all the drivers were up for a laugh and not too dottled by the "jump"...I loved it...oh and the Alpina joining in on the route LOL!!!

This picture is amazing and to see my car (2nd on the right) in the mountains was unbelievable...We live in an amzing country...lets explore it more boys!!!  Hope to see everyone again.

P.S Pete and Carl I've just taken the plaster off...them windows are leathal, its left a proper hole in my chin and I'm sure I have done damage to my brain with the impact!!!  Fight on for another day!!!

Glad you had a good day

I am still considering a North West Highland Trip this year

Was going to be weekend of 23rd May but found out there is a big cruise that weekend,so not getting involved in that

I like my roads quiet as to not attract to much attention to ourself,so if you are up for it maybe in June

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv

Current:
116i Sport F20
aberdean View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aberdean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2009 at 20:52
Originally posted by Pete330 Pete330 wrote:

I had an amazing day...I know I turned up short of late...but thanks to Pete and crew for hanging around waiting for our 3 e36 coupes!!! 

Glad you had a good day

I am still considering a North West Highland Trip this year

Was going to be weekend of 23rd May but found out there is a big cruise that weekend,so not getting involved in that

I like my roads quiet as to not attract to much attention to ourself,so if you are up for it maybe in June

Why don't you try the week earlier...least police presence and a bonus I know the roads like the back of my hand...I think a trip to Mallaig up that way and the scenary...you could spoof its that beautiful...maybe get a hotel and spend the night somewhere remote and all head back...I'd be totally up for that...but we'd need a military style phone as the reception is a nightmare in those parts!!!!

P.S The roads are epic on the West and the water super clean!!!

(This video is amazing copy it into your browser, paste and watch even if you've heard it before)
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2009 at 20:58

Why don't you try the week earlier...least police presence and a bonus I know the roads like the back of my hand...I think a trip to Mallaig up that way and the scenary...you could spoof its that beautiful...maybe get a hotel and spend the night somewhere remote and all head back...I'd be totally up for that...but we'd need a military style phone as the reception is a nightmare in those parts!!!!

Cause some of us work and need to work it round there time off

Would be thinking a fri/sat or sat/sun overnighter anyway

Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
aberdean View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aberdean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2009 at 21:05
Originally posted by Pete330 Pete330 wrote:

Cause some of us work and need to work it round there time off

Would be thinking a fri/sat or sat/sun overnighter anyway

Fair play... I forgot I'm only a bum

I can do whatever...but count me in for a Highland fling anytime :) By then the car should be ready!!!  It didn't look that bad today either but I can't wait to get it out a clean with all my ideas and plans in practice...

...Pete, what about a drive somewhere like here...its on west north of Fort William I know where it is but can't remember the name!

P.S Why don't you think of something like the whiskey trails (but we wouldn't be drinking LOL) or take in some sights, even if we've already seen them...Loch Ness???

HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2009 at 09:56

Oh av driven that road ... great driving roads up there in them hills :)

I may even be interested in a Highland drive about ...

Watching with interest Pete

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
aberdean View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aberdean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2009 at 16:24

Here are some pictures of the meet forwarded to me by Carl in the black e36 323 coupe...some are from the meet and some we took afterwards!!! Leave your thoughts....

In the mountains...>

At the car Park LOL...>

Me and Carl exploring Aberdeen (oh and the Harbour) I love these shots...>

P.S If these are the wrong size please resize them as I don't know how to :)

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2009 at 18:28
Nice pics
Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2009 at 19:19
[

...Pete, what about a drive somewhere like here...its on west north of Fort William I know where it is but can't remember the name!

[/QUOTE]

It is the Bealach Na Ba pass from Applecross, only ever done it once... ah the brake fade

I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

jimmy136 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2009 at 19:42

that is some road, did that last year when we stayed in skye, cooked the brakes on that one, lol

almost the same spot

bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2009 at 21:28

Hoping to drive this road one day myself.

It's on my list of things to do before i die.

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2009 at 21:33
Originally posted by bluebro bluebro wrote:

Make sure there's plenty of meat on your brake pads or you might fulfill your wish sooner than you think...  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRgrbP9-l4Y&feature=relat ed

aberdean View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aberdean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2009 at 01:38
Originally posted by stephenperry stephenperry wrote:

Originally posted by bluebro bluebro wrote:

Make sure there's plenty of meat on your brake pads or you might fulfill your wish sooner than you think...  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRgrbP9-l4Y&feature=relat ed

Just seen the video...would be epic to get a load of Beemer's through the highlands and having fun without blowing any head gaskets or having any problems with brake fade...I know of a few good roads if everyone is up for it...I totally am :)   This weekend was my first BMW convoy and it was awesome, many more to come

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2009 at 14:43

Alternative view

Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2009 at 15:37
I'm not very good with road names, so which road is this?

The next stop we made after this was the gardens at Inverewe - I think the loch in the background is Maree?

W4YNE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W4YNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2009 at 05:46
see you all in march just ditched the E30, just gettin the 325 back on the road, so i can keep up, buckie's a long way up in a lowered to the ground 1.6.

buckie to nessy & down the lecht ??

fecken fox
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic