FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDilemma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
fozzymandeus View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzymandeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dilemma
    Posted: 21-February-2009 at 13:12
People do want to buy these. I know cos I bought one last month ;)

However, I'd suggest waiting until summer (provided the a/c works), MOT it and get it for sale then. People will view it more positively in the nice weather. Don't ask much for it though.

Be prepared for some oddballs to come looking around it mind.
Beating around the bush.
Sponsored Links

Jack735 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2009 at 12:37

As some of you will know I haven't driven my car for most of the last year, neither has anyone else, its covered about 600 miles these past 12 months.  600 miles I could have done in so many other ways.

So its not needed – at all.

The MOT is up and the tax is due in April.

It will probably only need a new battery, about £100, MOT about £50 and road tax £200. 

Nobody wants to buy these big cars any more.

I really cant justify spending £350 to have it sitting, rusting, outside my door on the street.  There's nowhere to store it off street.

What can I do with it?

Its too good to chuck away, its only 11 years old, 125,000 miles and in generally good nick, although it will never be a show car!!!!

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic