Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > Detailing & Car Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGleaming Kleen - yet another M3 CSL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gleaming Kleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gleaming Kleen - yet another M3 CSL
    Posted: 14-July-2009 at 14:32
This was booked in for a 1 day Enhancement Detail, Paul also requested wheels to be removed to be cleaned and protected.

Vehicle was washed in normal manner which consisted of engine bay being cleaned with AG Powermax 3, vehicle was then foamed with AG Powermax and left to dwell 5-6 mins whilst I worked it into all panel gaps and badges. Vehicle was then washed with Megs Shampoo Plus and a lambswool washmit, and finally clayed using Swissvax Paint Rubber.

Wheels were removed....

Wheel before

and after cleaning with Epsuma Revolution Wheel Cleaner and various brushes. Tryes were cleaned with Megs Super Degreaser. Once dry wheel inners were treated to a coat of Zaino CS

Whilst wheels were off arches were given a good clean with G101

As this was only to have a single stage machine polish i used Gloss It One Step Machine Gloss along with Gloss It EVP and a Megs Polishing pad/3M polishing pads. This gave about 85% correction

Few pics

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Although vehicle was booked in just for a single stage machine polish I hit the carbon fiber roof several times as wanted it looking as good as possible as it does make the car stand out IMO. I used Menz 3.02 on a Megs Polishing Pad and it required 2-3 hits to get it looking its best again.

AFTER

Roof was then refined with 3m Ultrafina. Swissvax Cleaner Fluid was then a applied by hand to paintwork and roof before applying a coat of Swissvax Divine.

Divine was left to cure whilst I carried out some of the smaller jobs such as polishing up the exhausts

Dressed engine bay with Swissvax Pneu

Tryes dressed with Swissvax Pneu and wheels waxed with Swissvax Autobahn

Some afters...

Thanks for looking:thumb:
regards,
Jay

10% discount to forum members
Web; www.gleamingkleen.co.uk
Tel: 07903 836203
Email
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply