Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > General Motors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInfo Request - M60 4.0ltr V8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Info Request - M60 4.0ltr V8
    Posted: 05-August-2009 at 10:02
Hello folks, could you fine people please give me the low down on the BMW M60 V8 engine? I'm mainly interested in the 4.0ltr version.

Any info regarding possible problems with them (other than the Nikasil issues) or benefits with them would be appreciated. Things to watch out for and parts prices, I have been told of an Alpina derived version for sale near a friend that has a rattly top end(s). I don't know the mileage but he wasn't sure if it was timing chain rattle or valve gear rattle. Is there a more likely culprit between the two? Are they expensive to put right?

The car by the way has been written off with a heavy rear shunt bad enough to fold the car. The roof has also been cut off, I don't know wether or not this was to remove the occupant. I know that these Alpina cars are extremely rare (I beleive 49 were made world wide of this particular V8 model and only 46 of the later 4.6ltr version) so please don't go thinking this is an act of mindless vandalism/canabilism.

Thanks for any help,

Smiler.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic