Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDamage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damage
    Posted: 13-August-2009 at 08:34

Fuming, why can't people respect other peoples property.  After this weeks trip to Ikea I now have a nasty parking dent in the drivers passengers door, a number of chips and a indentation.  Luckily it is above the body work lines and not along the crease which would have been a nightmare.  The person doing the damage must have known what they did as the door has been struck with force.  I have tried to touch up the paint work, but didn't do a very good job as I was probably still seething at the damage.  Does anyone have any contacts to touch up paint?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links

vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2009 at 15:08
Welcome to the forum. 

Good first post, hope you get it sorted ok, do what I do and park in two spaces and not right at the front of the car parks, less hassle.
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
BillyP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2009 at 17:15

Sorry to hear about the ding at ikea sounds like you may have to get the dent done by one of the paintless dent removal companies i think the rate is approx 60 dent wizard and dentec are 2 that springs to mind, Car parks are my worst nightmare i usually end up parking farthest away from the shop and then you get the idiots that leave the trolleys right at your car why can they not return them to the trolley bays,

Edited by BillyP
stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2009 at 17:36
Originally posted by BillyP BillyP wrote:

why can they not return them to the trolley bays

Because they're lazy and selfish people, that's why...

And parking far away from anyone else doesn't seem to help - I've lost count on the number of times have I done that to come outside and find some git parked next to me in an otherwise empty carpark , I'd love an explanation as to why they do it, do they think there's safety in numbers or something?!

Last time I used a Parent & Child space on my own I got grassed up by an old biddy and named and shamed over the local branch of Tescos tannoy system... "would the owner of the blue Toyota, registration G5 PRY, come to the customer service desk please".... ermmm.... maybe it's me but I don't especially see a resemblence between a Toyota badge and a BMW badge, maybe it being coupled with the word ALPINA spelt out in nice big letters at both the front and rear of the car confuddled their poor little brains.

Anyway, rant over, ChipsAway or places like that are your men for the job, there is a mobile guy round here thats very good that's not affiliated to any particular company, but we had my mothers mondeo done (same story in a carpark) and he did an excellent job, I don't know if he'd travel that far south, but PM me if you want his number to see.

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2009 at 20:10
Originally posted by stephenperry stephenperry wrote:

And parking far away from anyone else doesn't seem to help - I've lost count on the number of times have I done that to come outside and find some git parked next to me in an otherwise empty carpark , I'd love an explanation as to why they do it, do they think there's safety in numbers or something?!

Ahhh but that's cos you have a nice car so the owner of the other car knows the last thing you would do is open your door and damage their car as it would also damage your car. 

Last time I used a Parent & Child space on my own I got grassed up by an old biddy and named and shamed over the local branch of Tescos tannoy system...

Can't condone parking in a Parent & Child space.  Tsk tsk, besides that is where Merc and Saab drivers park.

Besides did you not think that some parent would then whack your car with a pram/buggy or the oik of a child would then damage your car.  Again one of the last places I would park my car.

If we ever get the chance to have kids, I'll still be parking away in the far corner that way you will have plenty of space to get the buggy/pram out of the car and the sprog into it.

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2009 at 20:30

Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

Last time I used a Parent & Child space on my own I got grassed up by an old biddy and named and shamed over the local branch of Tescos tannoy system...
Can't condone parking in a Parent & Child space. 

I can't see a problem - it says "Parent...." I'm a Parent, I just don't happen to have a "child" with me at the moment, seems fine to me

Now Disabled spaces.... just don't start me on the people that appear to park in those

Edited by thepits
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2009 at 21:01

Welcome,

As Paul says, "what a 1st post!" Ikea is quite bad cos its busy and always mobbed but Asda at Stenhousemuir, now those are tight spaces.

We're normally in Carolines Volvo and can legitamately park in parent and toddler spaces but blooming heck, always occupied by lazy bloody teachers

Anyway, wewlcome and you have my sympathy !!

muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2009 at 19:20
I use parent and child spaces when I am out with my Dad
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2009 at 00:04

Slightly off topic, but has anybody noticed there are waaaaayyy too many disabled spaces in these new superstores, EU interfering yet again I imagine! 

Sorry to hear about the dent, and the crazy thing is, if you were to catch him and run him down, you'd be commiting the crime????

Daz

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
T31MUL View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T31MUL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2009 at 00:18

Originally posted by muppet 2 muppet 2 wrote:

I use parent and child spaces when I am out with my Dad

Nice one Muppet, I like your thinking.

Davie T31MUL
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2009 at 08:31
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Now Disabled spaces.... just don't start me on the people that appear to park in those

Merc drivers, Saab drivers, folk at my local Asda who have popped in for fags.  They should be legitmately be allowed to fine/remove offending vehicles from these spaces.

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
pauliexjr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauliexjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2009 at 12:02

Mucho sympathy bud, I've just been surveying the damage done to mine when I left it in the car park at Sainsburys' yesterday, dent to n/s passenger door and trolly mark on front wing, but the one that's really going to cost is the 8" long crease I've just noticed in the roof above the passenenger side of the windscreen, Ch*ist knows how that got there, but I don't think our local dent puller is going to sort it!

Seriously considering giving up Beemers as they seem to attract more car-park damage than any other cars I've ever owned!

I'm only here for the beer!
535i E39 in Atlantis blue
Shogun Sport 3.0 V6 lpg converted ('er in doors' baby!)
Yamaha XV750 trike
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2009 at 18:29
I always try to park in the parent toddler section, having a child seat in the back comes in handy (as does having a child  )

Once had a dimwit park right close to me while we were in the car.. gave him some umpty when he got out - told him in a not so uncertain way that his car would get damaged with the pushchair I was about to scrape down his car's side.. And the fact that our lass is expecting so she opens her door quite wide to get out.. He moved it sharpish (wouldn't care but he even parked it over the white line on our side)

Have a big Volvo estate now so folks don't tend to ge too close..
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
slosstopher View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slosstopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2009 at 20:59
luckily the Tesco in cumbernauld has a few corner spaces which are much wider and at the far end of the car park from the shop so they are usualy empty and when the moth to a flame syndrome kicks in and the dodgem drivers inevitably park next to you the spaces are wide enough to keep them at bay
:CAUTION:TAIL SWING
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2009 at 08:15

Originally posted by pauliexjr pauliexjr wrote:

but the one that's really going to cost is the 8" long crease I've just noticed in the roof above the passenenger side of the windscreen, Ch*ist knows how that got there, but I don't think our local dent puller is going to sort it!

I'd get that checked out properly.  A crease in something is a sign that the metal has yielded, and therefore weakened.

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
wackenzie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wackenzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2009 at 16:29
I hate the folk who part right outside the store, on the
road when there is a bay for dropping and picking up thats
not full, and there are 1000 spaces within 50m of them,
totally lazy and dangerous.
Never park beside a Vectra, the doors on them are brutal
for removing paint with the slightest of touches.
And are you allowed to part in a disabled space if all
others are taken?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic