Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAm A Criminal Again !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 22:00

Originally posted by BigSix BigSix wrote:

Hairy Haggis the procurator fiscal may change the charge to dangerous driving as what they did with me, but I would speak with Gary as he might give you some pointers, he should have caution'd you plus what was the charge, sp30 ? you'll get a letter via the postman to appear, just hope it's the district court that you have to go to

Not sure as I was given no paperwork or signed any when I was in back of plod car, just said I would get summit through the post.
A will just have to deal with it when it happens because at the moment its all presumtions.

Fingers crossed

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Sponsored Links

HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 22:01
Originally posted by hennabm hennabm wrote:

If there is only one sign showing the start of the 30mph then that is not legal. There must ALWAYS be two large signs showing the start of any limit. This also applies to temp limits in roadworks etc.
If there is only one sign then it is not a legally enforcable limit. If you don't believe me check out the ABD website and this info is in there.

It was also illegal to have repeater signs for 30mph, the distance between lampp osts dictating that it is a continuing 30mph limit, although I do believe that this may have changed recently.

Best of luck.

I am videoing the length of road this week as backup just incase. I will double check the signs and quantities for ya'll

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 22:31

Not trying to piss on your chips mate but there are not only 30 signs on each side of the road as you enter Cluny but they are on an illuminous yellow background and have 3, 2 + 1 countdowns beforehand to let you know they are coming.
30 is painted on the road as well adjacent to the signs.
It's imprinted on my mind i use the road that often

Link below shows them on the Kirkcaldy entrance (about 2 mins in) and you can see the backs of the signs on the way out of the Glenrothes entrance.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FNNFqy3cdk

Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2009 at 23:14
Sorry to hear your bad news. Hope things work out in your favour

It's no consellation now but maybe for future purpose you invest in a "garage door opener".

Tiko

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

davy tombstone View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy tombstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2009 at 01:40
tell the truth now.
ye were on yer way tae the burger van, wer,nt ye?

Edited by davy tombstone
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2009 at 09:10

Hiya all .... wifes like me ... jsut have to wait and see what happens .... google tells us a lot, and it seems to vary between 3 points / £60 fine to public hanging so will just have to wait and see, tis all a can do.

By the way at no point have I hinted that I wasnt speeding ... I am saying that if I was "tracked" at that speed then I was because I wasnt monitoring my speedo, I was actually watching the roads and where i was going.

@ Ham: Cheers for the video evidence. If you go to page 1 i said that about the signage, although will check the opposite side of the road. Coming down from the "Most Dangerous Road in Fife" ... utter b****x by the way .... there is as confirmed on page 1 a 30 sign in yellow background .... will check if one on other side ..... BUT ... my point ... and this is where I am getting at ..... this yellow sign is about 200 - 300 yards from teh roundabout .... which I then turned right at .....

After that yellow 30 sign ... and in the lane I am driving .... there is NOT ONE single 30 marker on a lampost, painted on ground, hanging from hot air balloon, tree, temp post, traffic monkey, hovering alien spacecraft, or anything until you leave the proposed 30 zone and join the 60 zone as you leave.

To return that road, its true as Ham said .... 300yd marker countdown to a 30 painted on the road, and a sign on both sides ..... but thats not that way I was going.

Now, like to reitterate here .... i was followed by a jammer all stickered up and labelled, where he come from I am not sure, when he joined me I am not sure .... as when he asked if I didnt see him behind me I said no I was paying attention to what was in front !

ANyway .... its a waiting game now .... but have made a few calls, and spoke to a few people, so just waiting on the letter to see what happens from here.

Photographs and video have been taken now too.

Cheers all for support .... lets see if I make Aberdeen !

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2009 at 09:19

On another note ... Ham .... at 7:42 ... thats the corner a come off the road at during the winter of 08 ....lol

And ... least a ken where aboots he stays .. lol

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2009 at 09:40
Originally posted by HairyHaggis HairyHaggis wrote:

After that yellow 30 sign ... and in the lane I am driving .... there is NOT ONE single 30 marker on a lampost, painted on ground, hanging from hot air balloon, tree, temp post, traffic monkey, hovering alien spacecraft, or anything until you leave the proposed 30 zone and join the 60 zone as you leave.

Their answer to that will be "once you pass a sign telling you you are in a 30mph zone you assume you are in it until you see a sign telling you otherwise"
As someone else said there are rarely periodic signs every few lampposts to say it's a 30 limit unlike 40 or 50 mph zones.

All speculation anyway like you say until you get the letter through.

As for the most dangerous road in Fife. I'd argue that isn't even the most dangerous road out of Cluny.
The video poster needs to try the road from Lochgelly to Auchtertool

Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2009 at 09:50

Indeed .... Ham .... I tend to agree with you ....

As for the Dangerous Roads .... I think the roads are dangerous due to their condition rather than the turns and corners etc .... if the Cluny to Glenrothes road was not so full of holes and tramlining everywhere it would be safer, and the sudden bottoming out dips !

The auchtertool road you speak of .... good road though ... but the blind jump can be a bit hairy if your not expecting it ...lol

Get to Auchertool and turn right then heading towards mossmorran plant and its another good fast twisty road...... in theory of course

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
m3vert View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3vert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2009 at 18:37

This is not much help I am afraid but I think I am correct in saying that any area with lamposts is treated as a 30mph zone UNLESS otherwise marked. There is something about 40mph, 50mph and National Speed limits that need to have a sign up every x amount of mtrs when there are street lights. I hate to say it but I think your fekd! hopefully you get away with only 3points and £60 but I think thats being optimistic :( Sorry

Ricky

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2009 at 19:30

Yup ... just have to wait n see ... playing the waiting game now am afraid ...

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2009 at 20:08
Bet the postal strike isn't helping your nerves 

BigSix View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2009 at 21:14
I was 3 months before I got my letter in, all depends on how busy the courts are in fife 
stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2009 at 21:24

Originally posted by BigSix BigSix wrote:

I was 3 months before I got my letter in, all depends on how busy the courts are in fife 

if it took 3 months for your notice of intended prosecution to arrive then you should have contested it as invalid, the NIP must arrive within 14 days of the date of the alleged offence.

the court date is another matter, they have 6 months maximum to get your first court hearing done (the initial plea)

Edited by stephenperry

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
stephenperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2009 at 21:27

some sites that came in handy with my past skirmishes with the law...

www.traffic-answers.com

www.pepipoo.com

Edited by stephenperry

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2009 at 09:26

Thanks folks .... take it the postal strike and now the upcoming 3 day strike by the boys in red vans would be taken into consideration for the 14 days rule??? or is it 14 WORKING days ...lol

I'm expecting something, dont get me wrong by the way .... just living in hope fingers, toes, ears, eyelids crossed etc, that they were in a good mood that morning.

Maybe they were upset because they were blinded by the shiney gleaming car in front that was better looking that their stickered up 5 series ...lol

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2009 at 12:02

Was it a diseasel 5er they were using?

If it was you should have been able to out run it in the 2.8i

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2009 at 13:21

... yeah that would have worked well in my defence eh :D

No i never seen them because the I was going to fast your Honour !!

Edited by HairyHaggis

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2009 at 18:27

Aye but they'd have to catch you first....in their wheasely diesel

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2009 at 18:53
Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

Aye but they'd have to catch you first....in their wheasely diesel

Wheasely diesel lol...I've seen them out gun and out run most petrol versions. I was a pure petrolhead but a convert now

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic