Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 7 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddiesel conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dekra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: diesel conversion
    Posted: 12-January-2010 at 20:48
been thinking for while now about 725tds. i believe the conversion is possible and would be surprized if no one has tried it.its coming to a time now where e38 are being broken up because of engine failure.surely a 25tds conversion would be the answer.my question is weather to fit manual or auto/tip gearbox.
530d 540i
Sponsored Links

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2010 at 08:25

Why?

Too much cash would be required for the conversion compared to the value of the cars involved in supplying the parts, not to mention the fact that you are going from a 5er electrical loom to a 7er electrical loom.

You may also run into a sticky situation when you go to tax and insure the car as the E38 was never inflicted with the 2.5 oil burner. 

I would go and buy a 525tds if you must have a diesel.

Granted it would be a great job to do from a diy point of view, if only swmbo would let be work on cars like that.......

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
dekra View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dekra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2010 at 15:54
i understand what your saying andrew .unique is what i am after also running on biodiesel .the engine can be chipped so power is not the issue.o to live on mainland europe .they have all the cars i want .take the whole loom out of the 5 and transfer what prop can u see with this. no worries about tax and insurence apart from the tax is 960euro here my 530d is 1300 euro do you see my plan.and i can make biodiesel. also i have had six 5 series bmw and would like a change.

Edited by dekra
530d 540i
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic