FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHere’s a new one, windows scrappage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here’s a new one, windows scrappage
    Posted: 14-March-2010 at 16:15

Originally posted by Misty Morning Misty Morning wrote:

I'm with Rhys with the sales people, you can almost here them sigh on the other end of the phone when you say with glee 'Rented!'.

I much prefer the 'are you in a position to make a decision on the purchase of new windows?' Yes, and the answer is no.!

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Sponsored Links

Misty Morning View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misty Morning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2010 at 20:47

In other words by the time they have knocked this, that and the other off you get them for the proper price.

I'm with Rhys with the sales people, you can almost here them sigh on the other end of the phone when you say with glee 'Rented!'.

IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2010 at 01:45
Scrappage  Pi$$es me off that they are actively encouraging people to throw away stuff that in the majority cases is still perfectly functional! And somehow justify it as being green!
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
jay1963 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Drifting....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2010 at 22:19
I don't live here... i'm just robbing the place....
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2010 at 17:50
I have the simple answer to anyone that comes round. "I rent mate!"or "Sure I'll have your new kitchen/windows/driveway" and when they look please I say "Just inform my letting agency and ask them to pay for it".

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
steven.seed View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.seed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2010 at 13:18
I had all my windows and doors replaced about 2 1/2 years ago but of course the window companies still try to sell you new ones when they come around. Anyway Everest have now started a scheme where they are offering 2000 scrappage for your old windows against new ones and additionally up to 35% off the price of the new windows. Of course they are able to do this because they are working in my area ( or so they say). Well I have a cunning plan. Don't give me the 35% give me 1000 and let me keep my windows so we are all winners ( I think) He He He. 
1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic