Forum LockedPaging Mr Howard Walker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paging Mr Howard Walker
    Posted: 20-December-2003 at 13:59

Howard

Nice to have had a chat with you this morning.

One of the items we discussed was the manchester airport fire station event, which I said was one of the best events I had attended.

You pointed out (nicely of course) that I could have written to the club expressing this opinion and it would have been nice to see a positive response to an event in print.

I've just checked on here, and I did do that (well something similar), by putting a post on here, that although read, wasnt responded to. If you look at the posts for the year you will find it.

That seems to confirm the thoughts, a little, that a lot of members arent looking at the forum, the no responses fact seems to indicate none of the other people at the event did at that time.

Its just a thought, but perhaps some space in the club mag could be be devoted to the club website/forum, and if I had a contact at the club office perhaps I could pass details of interesting stuff on here for publication.

This may also serve to remind committee members that we all belong to the same club and those of us that play on the internet are trying to help the club, not destroy it.

Edited by Kevin Royle
Sponsored Links

bmwfive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-December-2003 at 06:02
Firstly, I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas.
Nigel, you have a fair point here. I think the club should try and promote the site forum further in the club magazine. Sometimes the posts seem "distant" from club activities and the magazine.Although the magazine is excellent, the website/forum could be a valuable tool to members. Both should be used together for the benefit of members. What do other members think?
Anyway, happy christmas again to you all.
B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-December-2003 at 11:33

Happy Christmas. Good points, both should compliment each other.Difficulty is, the Forum is an "Instant" Voice , Now, To-Day.It fits perfectly with the age we live in, very little time to spare.How many of us buy a Magazine, read a page or 2, and never read it cover 2 cover ? We should have more than a Website address in the Magazine, a Visual invitation to visit, with an interesting link to the forum. Perhaps a sample Event article with a photo or 2, on the web, would link both together.It all takes more of the thing we dont have, Time.

SAFETYFAST

Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2003 at 17:43
Nigel - You paged me and here I am - been away for Christmas with no net access. I agree that the forum should have some publicity in the magazine. This should be fixed in the next issue, provided I get my copy in before the 1st of January.

I personally would like to have time to view all the posts on the forum, but unfortunately do not have, so I'm sorry that I missed your Fire Station post.

Also, if you cannot get the North West to accept your help, drop me a line and you can help with the North East. We have only two members on the committee, and could do with a hand.

As to a contact at the Office, just write your copy, ether as an article (around 750 words max with a couple of pictures if they are relevant), or just post a letter to the office. All are welcome, but due to space restrictions, the editor sometimes has to either drop an item or save it while later. Phone number is 01225 709 009 and the address is in the back cover of the magazine. For those of you who are not members, the address is P.O.Box 328, Melksham, Wilts, SN12 6WJ

Happy New Year to everyone.

Edited by Howard
1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
Kevin Royle View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2003 at 16:32

Hello Nigel, heard you`d spoken to Jeff the other day...

Regarding you post above..I did respond to you saying great any help would be good but remember the 2 event you said you wanted to help with are not till mid/late 2004 ie Gaydon and the NEC..which are both National events not north west events. I did reply saying contact the office as they arrange all the helpers in advance and also Jeff Heywood is always asking for help with events for National and all the regions..in the club mag but if people don`t read it..

All the North West`s 2004 events so far arranged are on the club calendar on the site or in the mag..help is only required for larger events like shows etc..not pub meets..

Regards

Edited by Kevin Royle
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2003 at 18:40

Okey Dokey Kevin.

It looks like I may have found something to do now with advanced driving stuff.

It was more national events rather than regional I was looking to help in, as I'm central rather than north west, and as you say, nobody needs much help with pub stuff.

So hopefully I'll meet up with you sometime in the new year.

Hope you had a nice one.

Best Wishes

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic