Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPorsche 911 Targa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bopsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Porsche 911 Targa
    Posted: 13-April-2010 at 15:38

Slightly off topic, but I am not a member of the Porche club, well not yet anyway. I am living in Belgium at the moment and I was out taking a drive last Sunday morning when I came accross this 911. The car has soft top and looks beautiful, but I noticed that it was mouldy and that there was briars and grass growing up around it, the inside is also mouldy, not too bad but noticible. How long would a car have to sit for in the elements to get mouldy? I called back today to ask the person if they were interested in selling. I get the feeling that it was owned by the man of the house and he died or something and the wife doesn't know what to do with the car. Seems such a shame to just let it rot there. What would you offer? No idea of age or any other condition. I'm thinking of just going in with a grand and seeing what happens????

The new Quentin Wilson

Bopsy!
Sponsored Links

Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2010 at 18:21

Hi Bopsy.

Not sure if you intended to add a link to a photo?

Depending on the conditions its been sititng in, a car can start to gather mould and moss in a few months, especiall yover a winter.  If its seriously mouldy then it will probably have take a couple of years.

The big thing about a car like that is not so much the condition on the surface but more importantly underneath, the flooran, arches, under the carpets, etc.  You may assume that there will be a shed load of bits needed to overcome the mechanical aspects of lying up, e.g. wheel bearings, brake discs, pads, rubber hoses, other pipes, etc.  Until you have some idea of all of that that and the body condition underneath then a guesstimate on price is probably irrelevant or potentially inaccurate by several degrees of magnitude.

Now: BMW 523i SE '00, 318i SE - e91 '07, 325i Coupe '93.

Prev:
e46 328i SE Touring, 330Ci, 318Ci.
e39 523i SE.
e36 325i Coupe *2, 323i SE, 316iSE.
e30 325iSE 2dr, 320i Conv, 320i 2dr, 316i.
Bopsy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bopsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2010 at 18:47
Ok, I'll add some photos tomorrow. I have a contact in the police over here, so I am going to try and see if he can get me some details like when it was last insured and taxed, before I go knocking on doors.
Bopsy!
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2010 at 19:57
We had a Vitara soft top that was left unused for a month or so in wet weather. Moisture collected under the soft top and dripped onto the interior. It got pretty mouldy in no time.
Domestos mould and mildew spray took care of it all with no problem. Though I did strip the interior out just to check *seats and carpets).
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic