Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 7 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMotor dies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motor dies
    Posted: 28-May-2010 at 11:04

My E23 2.8i auto is driving me up the wall!!!!

It has been running very well after changing all the intake/crank case breather hoses and now has developed a new problem. Yesterday I had a hell of a drive to Lincoln to classic car pub meet.

On light throttle, 50/60 MPH it keeps cutting out. At 50/60 pump the accelerator a couple times and it keeps going. At 30 MPH or lower it just dies and very often wont start. Not enough speed to drive the engine through the auto box. Hell to drive in stop go traffic.

I have checked all under bonnet electrical connections and all are in very good condition, I spraid them with electrical contact cleaner including the ignition brains under the washer tank, what a damn stupid place to put the brains and coil. I was told there is earth lead behiond the glove box but could not find one. All in very good condition, no water marks.

I have made up 2 new earth leeds. one from exhaust manifold to coil bracket and the other from dip stick to body, all for nothing.

I have been told it could be the air flow meter, is this the problem?  If it is has any body got a good one for sale? If I have to buy a new one it will be end of car

Sponsored Links

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2010 at 17:14
These should be able to help you with the AFM, either a 'new' one or testing and sorting out yours.

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic