Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDealer Trade In Values !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dealer Trade In Values !
    Posted: 08-June-2010 at 17:18

While we all know that trade in values have gone through the floor, I wasn't prepared for how low they've actually gone....

My brother was possibly interested in trading in his (Irish supplied) '07 320D M-Sport Coupe for the car in the attached up in Joe Duffys.

http://www.joeduffybmw.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car& amp;carID=201004196712967

Salesman said he'd let it go for €40k cash but offered him as a trade in an astonishing €15k on his own car so that would be an additional €30k on top of his own car for a chop top and two years younger....

That idea naturally went by the wayside but maybe that is the norm at the moment ?

E34 Pilot - Keeping it Old School on Irish Roads.
Sponsored Links

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2010 at 11:28

That soft top oil burner has got to be over priced?

Are new cars more expensive in Ireland than they are over here even taking into account the exchange rate from £ to E's?

New, that thing over here would have been just shy of £40,000!  So even going on a 1.15 exchange rate that makes it E46,000 new?  Even at a year old it should be cheaper than that, no wonder the sales guy said he'd let it go for E40k cash.

Your brothers car over here would be worth about £16,000 as a trade in, new it is listing at being around the £30,000 mark.  Sounds about right, car is worth ~50% after 3 years.

Doing the conversion to Euros that would be about E18.5k trade and was ~E35k new.  

I think he is loosing a couple of k on the trade in value and the car he was looking at is a couple of k over priced.

One to avoid.

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Ballcock View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2010 at 11:41

Unfortunately you are forgetting VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax) on all cars here.

The 320D M-Sport Convertible lists at €54,260 new here !

The 320D M-Sport Coupè lists at €47,010 new here !

The list price in '07 may have been even higher for the Coupé due to recent BMW price reductions and emmissions based VRT being introduced in the last 2 years.

E34 Pilot - Keeping it Old School on Irish Roads.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic