Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW X Power (4x4 BMWs)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE53 X5 Alarm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jamessvg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamessvg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E53 X5 Alarm
    Posted: 08-September-2010 at 09:04
actually that was half an hour labour i saved myself 45pounds by removing the glovebox before taking the car in.
i was advised to remove it, as a friend said they will charge it out & itemise it on the bill so i thought i would save them the hassle of putting it on my bill.
it turns out i was right as they told me it would have cost me 45 just to do a job that took me 20mins to remove & refit myself.
Sponsored Links

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2010 at 12:21
I'm not suprised you had to take it to BMW.  Sometime it just has to be done.  Sounds like you were only charged for 2 hours work, sounds about right after a bit of head scratching.
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
jamessvg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamessvg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2010 at 10:19
had to take it to bmw in the end.
turns out the ecu has a transportian mode which had kicked in 118 pounds.
jamessvg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamessvg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2010 at 11:24
i opened my 2002 E53 X5 last sunday as usual with the remove only to have the alarm go nuts on me.
every time i pressed the unlock button on the remote locking the alarm goes nuts but i can still drive it, the rear windows also wouldn't work. i disconnected the alarm siren but that still did nothing i disconnected the battery & the alarm, reconnected the battery the alarm no longer goes off but the alarm is not working as the lock & unlock buttons on the remote no longer work but the boot release does so that tells me that the key hasn't gone out of sync. i also tried the spare key that is the same.

the central locking works but only manually using the key in the door lock.

can anyone please help i don't want to have to take it to my bmw dealer
Black Eye
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic