Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Roddy’s E36 M-Sport - M52B28 Conversion - Huge Spec
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRoddy’s E36 M-Sport - M52B28 Conversion - Huge Spec

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant320d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2010 at 21:56
Hi, car looks good. You clearly know what you are doing and what you want. If my opinion matters, I would change the indi's for OEM items, rather than the projector style. Keep the tint if you want but the projectors look cheap IMO. also get rid of the M grille badge.

All in all a fantastic car, just a couple of wee ideas from me. Good luck!
Sponsored Links

RoddyE36Mtec View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Stanced Stragh Six!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoddyE36Mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2010 at 22:07
Thanks bud, Yeah mate ive took a while to get every little detail thought out and know exactly what parts im after and now ive just went for it, Some parts are going to be hard to get a hole off but will be worth it in the end!

Yeah the indicators are a temp mesure as im awaiting OEM BLACK DEPO's from the US

and i also think the M badge is a bit much so im awaiting my carbon kidney grilles so i will change them all at once :D
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Stanced Stragh Six!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoddyE36Mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2010 at 23:24
ALSO !!!!

If anybody knows of Genuine AC SCHITZER parts please let me know or if you know where to get them please contact me as im after a 2peace rear carbon diffuser !

Edited by RoddyE36Mtec
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Stanced Stragh Six!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoddyE36Mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2010 at 23:08
Update :

Ive had a slight problem with the delivery of my coilovers but after a talk with the company at hand im expecting them end of this week begining of next so that is the next big job before the engine goes in.
HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2010 at 23:58
What coilovers did you opt for in the end ??

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Stanced Stragh Six!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoddyE36Mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2010 at 00:07
unfortunately a never thought and now its to late i should have waited got the rest of the money and bought the Eibachs boss..

But i bought the AP racings.. bad move im going to sell them on and buy what i wanted to start with.

A rushed it and thats what happins when your in a rush for parts when you cant get what you wanted

Edited by RoddyE36Mtec
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2010 at 00:10

AP Racings ..... I didnt even know you were looking at those, a thought you were more for the BC Racing or the Eibachs mate, if you can though the Gaz set aint that much more expensive if at all, than the Eibachs .... and at least you can set them to strength etc, wheras the Eibachs are height adjustable only and pre-set dampening etc ....

If i had known better at the time i would have fitted Gaz before Eibach purely for the adjustability ...

Edited by HairyHaggis

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Stanced Stragh Six!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoddyE36Mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2010 at 00:15
Came down to me thinking if a bought those id have money for other parts ETC..

But i should have stuck to my guns and just went for the beter option, Yeah i remeber we talked about the the Gaz setup the other day when i was round.

that may be what i do then sell these on and buy the Gaz set up and the Eibach ARB's..

Was a silly silly move as now i have the hasel off trying to sell them on oh well ill learn next time not to rush in to stuff!
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2010 at 09:15

More hastle less speed ma man .... took me 18 months to get to where I am with car ... and still no happy 100% lol

The ARBs though ... wow .... what a difference .... just waiting on the poly bushes arriving then i tackle the rear of the car.

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Stanced Stragh Six!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoddyE36Mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2010 at 09:23
Never takes me long to build a car as im always prepaired but this time i cocked it up lolol

Yeah your car handles amazing in dry and wet weather,
I will be doing all the bushes and brake lines when i do the coilovers also as i will fit the M3 hids and new calipers then to.

But today ive took a day off from playing with the car i will be going to play on my dirtbike up comrie bing if my new parts come

the power of my CR250 makes me moist hahahaha

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2010 at 09:24
Well if you crash and die on the bike can a get your spoiler ...lol

BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2010 at 22:01
Keep up the good work Roddy, looking forward to further
updates.

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Stanced Stragh Six!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoddyE36Mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2010 at 12:11
Originally posted by HairyHaggis HairyHaggis wrote:

Well if you crash and die on the bike can a get your spoiler ...lol

Cheeky buger.. no you cant lol
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Stanced Stragh Six!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoddyE36Mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2010 at 12:12
Originally posted by bluebro bluebro wrote:

Keep up the good work Roddy, looking forward to further
updates.

thanks i shall hopefully have more updates soon for you's to look at!
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2010 at 17:05
Roddy, it's good to see someone getting their hands dirty
modding beemers and even better when you're taking the
time to keep us all up to date about it. keep up the good
work and we'll be watching your progress closely.

///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Stanced Stragh Six!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoddyE36Mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2010 at 19:20
Thanks very much buddy,

Hopefully its going to be somthing that folk will appreciate the work thats went in to it and possibly get mag feature in the end :D

Every car ive built to date has been mag feature'd so hoping to keep that alive with the bmw aswell and possibly do one better if possible for a front cover!

I just about had achived that with my last show car just before i decided to brake it for parts as i went abit far with it i personaly thought trying to make it original and one off and it took all the fun out of it once the car was always in the bodyshop having things changed as folk do copy on the modding scene!

But with the bm i want to keep it as OEM as possible but with some nice subtle mods that make it unique !
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2010 at 19:30
Originally posted by RoddyE36Mtec RoddyE36Mtec wrote:

keep it as OEM as possible but with some nice subtle mods that make it unique !
Now that idea, I do like.
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Stanced Stragh Six!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoddyE36Mtec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2010 at 22:12
Im glad 
Grant320d View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant320d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2010 at 21:54
Subtle is the way with BMs, I don't agree with folk being overly anal and complaining when a 94 car is fitted with 97 kidneys etc - however I believe that BMW made a good job of designing the cars we drive so little tweaks are the way ahead. Keep us updated Roddy!
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2010 at 22:20

Originally posted by Grant320d Grant320d wrote:

Subtle is the way with BMs, I don't agree with folk being overly anal and complaining when a 94 car is fitted with 97 kidneys etc - however I believe that BMW made a good job of designing the cars we drive so little tweaks are the way ahead. Keep us updated Roddy!

I agree, see if you can spot my subtle mod, completely unique to me that emphasises my point.

Hope you spot and like it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic