Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMike’s E36 M3 Evo Saloon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKE 318IS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mike’s E36 M3 Evo Saloon
    Posted: 21-September-2010 at 23:39
Been a mad week sold my 530i sport last saturday and arranged to view a car this saturday , lucky for the me the buyer held out for me to view

been after something fun for a while as the 530i was a great all round car, it was missing something, would hvae been great as a second car but as i only do 5000 miles a year a bit of a waste to have 2

onto the new car had to be a e36 had to be a M and as i started 6 months ago buying parts for it had to be a loon,in the right colour and right bits a loon can look just as good as the coupe and i have a few tasty bits to fit

the car i seen was a dakar yellow m3 evo on a 1996 p, prefacelift, with 70350 miles on the clock

fsh with serivces done every 5-6000 miles the car was looked after but with cars of this age needs a bit of bodywork,

after a long look around and a test drive  deal was done and i got it for a very good price, which leaves me with cash left over to sort the bodywork out

its got a couple of small bits of rust in the common e36 places and i plan to get it into a bodyshop in the next couple of months

next weekend i plan on a really good serivce fresh oil plugs etc, along with cleaning out the throttlebodies etc

car needs a braided clutch hose which i have ordered and i plan on the vano seal kit and a few hoses to get it running sweet

spec wise car comes with electric seats which will be for sale next week

cruise control
headlamp wash

i plan on having all the options fitted in the near future

onto the pics which was taken today by minter at the sw slapton meet

first mod

mileage 70925

got this 6 months ago when L2DFP got one , last 2 left from rossiters part 1 of 10 of acs parts i have planned for the car

acs gearknob

excuse the crap iphone pics, ex has taken my SLR so untill i can borrow one will be these

pic doug took at the sw meet

20/09/2010 UPDATE

been a bust week getting parts ready for the weekend to fitm i took friday off and me and my dad spent three days on the car working late everynight

jobs to do was

change oil and filter
coolant
gearbox oil
spark plugs
various hoses which can cause running probelms
fit new throttle cable
fit evo slpitter
repair undersheilds
clean engine bay
clean throttlebodys and icv
pollen filter
air filter

need to fit next weekend
vanos seal kit
diff oil
fuel filter
brake fulid
uprated clucth hose

we also fitted a few more items but i'll save that for another day

mileage 71255

£1060 lighter aswell, bloody M tax

crap mats

got some money back from the car

also fitted part 2 of 10 of my acs bits

more updates soon
Sponsored Links

MIKE 318IS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKE 318IS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 19:01
pics working now 
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2010 at 09:15
You don't mess around do you?  

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKE 318IS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2010 at 18:34
nope got to do it right

UPDATE 23/09/10

always wanted one after stax fitted one to one of his e36, like been said before about these they are prefect for the e36 dash 8)

now the hunt for one of these have been hard  , speaking to oille and keith who told me no one had stock and that they stop making them

then on ebay i found a brand new one, paid a few quid for it and after i got it seen a few others cheaper. always the same :x

becker grand prix 7992

mileage 71475

Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2010 at 21:26
Nice car. It looks very clean.

I wanted an E36 M3 4dr but the prospect of high running costs not to mention vanos issues put me off.
Hence the E46.
Better looking IMHO than the coupe.

I'm sure that by the time you're finished you'll be able to eat your dinner off it!
Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKE 318IS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2010 at 22:55
Update 26/09/10

Mileage 71700

this weekend my dad did the work for me, he replaced the fuel filter, new brake fulid and new diff oil, also replaced the bonnet cable

pads looked ok, but going to need discs soon, also he replaced the rear top mounts

Now onto one of the options i am most happy to got hold off, Extended leather  Thanks goes to doug who spotted this for me and let me know

he did find some extended leather door cards ealier in the year, but when the whole interior came up for sale i sold these on along with some electric seats bases i was going to fit

in total i had 3 electric seats  :D

even the b pillers are in leather

the back of the seats are in leather along with netting

need a bit of leather dye on the driver seat and the bottom of the b piller need a touch up which i will do another weekend

as you can see in the pics got some acs mats part 3 of 10

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKE 318IS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2010 at 18:23
UPDATE 07/10/10

Mileage 72000

Another rare option to find on a saloon. Rear sun blind

Got this from Dino months back along with a Acs roof spoiler

I did dye it with auto gym dye but it's crap stuff so planned to get it covered in leather

proxy10 View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proxy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2010 at 11:18
wow~quite a few pics for me to digest:)
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKE 318IS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2011 at 21:37
lots of updates

Mileage 72034

got my Becker iPod lead. A lot betterthwn the cheaper one I had. Got full control via the headunit and artist name etc

Also as pictured before I have now replaced the broken centre vent, thanks to Phil for the part

UPDATE 22/10/10

Finally got my hands on the one option I really wanted after seeing MP car

BMW car phone

Got it from forum member ad328isport who a great guy to deal with

Just need to work out how to wire it for power the rear is all plug a play
Hopefully have it fitted in the next couple of weeks

Excuse the crap pic

what it will look like when fitted

UPDATE 26/10/10

Another option I got hold of from eBay PDC

Got lucky and got the factory fit kit so came with bump strips
Going to fit the gong in the boot like the retrofit kit

UPDATE 30/10/10

HSD coilovers

Have heard great things about these and when a groioebuy came up on another forum it was the best time to get them

When we changed the rsm a few weeks back we noticed the rear shocks was f***ed and you could feel the car was not right on the back

Also I hated how te car would sit. Rear looked fine but front was too high

Have nicked the pic from there website

UPDATE 07/11/10

Mileage 72556

got the hsd fitted in the week, really impressed by then, getting a 4wa done next saturday so it should be even better but so far so good

washed the car today and took a couple of pics

as you can see i have also fitted ambers, which i got from my mate aaron320i cheers mate  :D

Update 26/11/10

Mileage 73056

Had the 4WA done camber was out by alot on the front. But knew that when fitting the overs as it's just guess work to where to put it

The toe on the near side was really out

Rear toe and camber were all good. Took the guy around 1 1/2 hours to set up. Car feels alot better now, just need to adjust the damping now

Also fitted 10mm spacers from yat with longer bolts

Here a better pic of the wheels

some pics from today meet thanks to minter for taking them

gave the car a quick detail clay polish and wax along with a clean up of the interior and engine

UPDATE 30/12/10

Mileage 74138

Today we fitted the updated vanos seals and bolt kit from mrvanos

Could not change the solenoid o rings as there is some form of mastic around them

UPDATE

09/01/11

Mileage 74563

After I missed out on Keith selling his gruppe m induction kit to woody I sent a pm to woody and bought his rep version

Finally got it fitted today. Not as loud as I thought it would be but still a nice sound

Also got the non smoker pack in the front as with the phone fitted the wooden ash tray did not fit right

Still need to wire power to the phone and fit the hands free mic

list of e36 options which i have or plan to fit

Electric windows x4 FACTORY FITTED
Headlamp wash FACTORY FITTED
Leather shiftboot; FACTORY FITTED
Leather handbreak sleeve; FACTORY FITTED
Leather armrest FACTORY FITTED
Driver air bag FACTORY FITTED
Burr wood pack FACTORY FITTED
Cruise control FACTORY FITTED
Sunroof FACTORY FITTED
Front and rear cupholders FACTORY FITTED
Automatic Climate Control FACTORY FITTED
18-button OBC FACTORY FITTED
Auto Dimm rearview mirror FACTORY FITTED
Electric Sport seats FACTORY FITTED
Chrome inner door release handles FACTORY FITTED
Adjustable steering wheel (mechanical) FACTORY FITTED
Luggage nets RETROFIT
Extended leather lower dash, centre console RETROFIT
Rear sun blind RETROFIT
coinbox RETROFIT
PDC TBF
Hi-Fi switchTBF
Harman/Kardon Top Hi-Fi retrofit
Sat Nav headunit
BMW carphone Motorola Phase V TBF
Heated seat
Electric Lumber support

Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2011 at 20:50
Reminds me of when I drew up alongside an imaculate 635csi at Harewood on my first visit. The car was owned by the ex Chairman of the BMW Car Club, and when I said "I got one of those", he got up from underneath where he was polishing the brake lines. He took a walk round my car, and said "If you work on it for another ten years you might have!"
Unfortunately, he died after about 6 years, and his widow asked me to buy the car - which I did. Its still immaculate.

Looks like you have done in a few weeks what he took years to do!

Congratulations from someone who knows just how hard a job it is.
1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic