FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPerth Meet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perth Meet
    Posted: 26-December-2003 at 12:26
How many are coming from M8 way? I was planning to meet up with Gary, if theres a few do we meet up and arrive as a group? Suppose it depends on when people were planning to get to Perth.
Toby
New Genuine BMW & Mini OEM parts - www.bmminiparts.com

1987 E30 M3 with turbo being added
Sponsored Links

sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
(Former) Scottish Region Wean

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2003 at 20:06

Toby,

I'll be heading from Falkirk, accross to Stirling, Prob meet with Dunc. Will be heading from there. Suggest we maybe meet at services at Junct 11? Take the B8033 for Dumblane and Services is about 0.5 miles on the Right.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=277720&y=699240&z=3&sv=277720,699240&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&dn=538

That way you'll get us loons coming from Falkirk, Myself and Shorty, then folks fae Stirling, Dunc and then awebody else fae West, South and Suchlike! Any ideas on times Tody?

P.S And the Service Station is Shell, woohoo!

My Car

2004 M3 CSL and 2009 E90 M3
215m3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2003 at 23:16
From my last email from Gary, which i don't have access to as @ my folks, he was planning for us to meet @ about 8.30-9.00 so woul be @ Dunblane @ about 9.15-10.00.

I'll speak with Gaz unless he sees this post and lets me know.

later
sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2003 at 23:19

Sounds perfect mate.

But hopefully everyone, incl. Gary will be on here and will notice. Surely, Nero will be able to meet at Dumblane too, coming from Linlithgow?!?,  Look forward to it. See you later.

Baz

My Car

root102 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2003 at 23:38
When/Where's this meet gonna take place?, Im new here so obviously missed the details in an earlier post somwhere  would be nice to join u lads if im welcome
sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2003 at 23:42

Welcome Dave, where you coming from?

Newcomers are always welcome and I'm sure other members will back me up in this!

We are hoping to meet in Dunblane on the 11th at about 0930 or thereabouts. Its up for discussion with others asap.

Baz

My Car

root102 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2003 at 23:51
Sounds good, I'll have to Get outta bed early then to avoid the traffic since im comming from Glasgow we got AWFULL rush hour lol
sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2003 at 23:55

Should be cool as its a Sunday morning, shouldn't be to much traffic! Gary is coming from Cumbernauld in an E30 M3 Sport Evo (I presume!) and I'm sure he'll be on the boards b4 long and maybe arrange to meet with himself and Toby. See what happens I s'pose, but i will see you in Dunblane.

Whats that your driving, an E36 3 series what?

My Car

nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2003 at 23:57

Originally posted by root102 root102 wrote:

When/Where's this meet gonna take place?, Im new here so obviously missed the details in an earlier post somwhere  would be nice to join u lads if im welcome

Stirling/Dunlane is probably more of a detour for me

(quick route plan via the AA website http://www.theaa.com/index.html  confirms additional 10 miles)

Could start a posse from Forth Road Bridge Sevices (MacDonalds)?

sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2003 at 00:00

Aye Nero,

I was looking at the AA earlier and coming from Falkirk it looks like 6 and half a dozen for me, but I think I'll go for the Dunblane way. Getting fed up of that Forth Road Bridge, over it almost every day at the mo'! change of Scenery might be good. Who else is suppose to be going from our normal posse?

My Car

root102 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2003 at 00:15

baz,

yup E36 316i - Good eye mate ;) not long had this baby so my plans for tuning / ice are still on the drawingboard atm. may have to wait a month thou due to my damn stupid insurance bills  lol

sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2003 at 00:19

Nightmare mate,

Insurance is a crippler ain't it? I was stung something awfull in July there but hey, we still have 7 months until next stinging! Better get saving those pennies eh? Big plans for the 316?

Baz

My Car

root102 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2003 at 00:30
It is indeed, i managed to work a scam using an old sh*tter of a car to cover me on this one, meaning i gotta drive it 3rd party, but still better than shelling out over 10k a year , as far as plans go, i've got a few on the boards, gonna stick in a pioneer head unit + 6disk changer, keep the original speakers for now and possibly install a sub, also i have a poineer equlizer, might just wire that in aswell since it'd give me an extra 80w, possibly stick a sub in if i can fit it nice into the boot, I also wanna get the windows tinted out that should look nice with the midnight blue colour, was thinking of somhow replacing the plastic door/bumper strip with a chrome one (not yet figured out how to go about this) also getting that chrome grill kit (i like my chrome hehe) as for tuning, thought id start off with a nice K&N induction kit (not decided on one or looked into it much yet thou) possibly in the future rebuilding the exaust system to encorporate one of thease ( http://www.magnexexhausts.com/pages/html/exhausts/twin/3dtmi.htm ) ither side, not totaly decided yet, and last but not least atm come summer i'll definetly be setting it afloat on a nice pair of shadow chrome alloys :) - any other sugestions welcome mind, just so long as i keep basicly the original bmw style (ive seen some awful ott stuff done to em, almost breaks the old heart lol) </end-long-post>
sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2003 at 00:38
I would suggest, looking at the pics, getting shot of those orange indicators! AS far as other stuff goes I'm to in the know at all. I'm doing well if I keep mine clean  Tomorrows job I think.

My Car

root102 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2003 at 00:57

hehe yup ur right I must clear up those indicators forgot to mention that, I also like the merc style wing mirrors with the built in indiators on the back, just wonder how hard they'd be to fit ( plus keep my electrics intact ), Im also gonna get one of thease DVD systems for it soon ( http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+products_id+1142+RCsid+b95740e634a41c75562a268f371fb8ec ) and install the screen just infront of the rearveiw mirror, in the roof, so it flips down (motorisation i'll have to desighn myself but i think it'll be worth it) once covered in the same fabric as my roof it'll be almost totaly hidden :), was in Halfords today actualy, there selling the exact same DVD system exept there price is a whopping £350 makes me think twice before i buy from them that lol

sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2003 at 01:03

Aye, sounds like you looking at doing alot to your motor. Good luck with it all. Living in Glasgow, I'd suggest security! LOL Don't want anyone nicking your work, well not easily at least. I can hardly talk right enough, coming form Falkirk. You'll need to keep your eyes peeled for group buys on this site aswell as others ;-) HTH

Best of luck and look forward to meeting you in Dunblane/Perth!

Baz

My Car

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2003 at 17:39
Hi peeps,

I will be heading up the A80/M9 along with Toby and meet up with Dunc, probably at Stirling services off the M9.

Root we could meet up at Old Mill services on the A80. (The Shell/Little Chef services, if you want.

What time is the meet in Perth again?

See you all there, if I'm sober enough to drive by then.
sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2003 at 17:44

Gary!
Bairn here,

How you doin? Services at Junct 9 would be better you think Gary? not sure about exact time of meet in Perth, please let us know if you find out. Christmas good? Hope so.

Update!

Aye they're talking about 10am onwards. I think I'll be more for the onwards bit.  what do you think? 0915 at Stirling Services off Junct 9 bit early?

Edited by sailorbaz

My Car

root102 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2003 at 19:09

AHGUH!!! and i mean augh f*ck, was just blasted booked for speeding on the road between loch lomond and dumbarton, those blasted pigs in there unmarked BM,

was cruising along qwietly at 70 in the outside lane, car infront (an audi TT) was gaining ground, doing around 80, I was sticking to the 70 at im a square and abide by the limits, then suddenly this stupid bas*ard in a moddified Fiat Punto comes right up behind me at roughly (judging by his speed of aproach) 90 odd mp/h, so I increece speed a little as he is almost only 6-8 yards off my back bumper and doing 90, so dose the audi infront to increce stoping distance, then all of a sudden the punto behind, breaks and pulls into the left hand lane, so i brake 2 times gently to avoide skidding on the slightly wet road and bring my car back down to 70, all is ok i drive on to the first roundabout in dumbarton, then the unmarked cops pull up beside me an ask me to pull in at this first laybuy (sh*t damn damn damn WHY! rolls thru my mind) so i pull in at what I thought was the place there meaning, (it wasnt, and i was qwite a little distraute at the time due to the ping ponging betteen 2 cars) turns out is wasnt the right place, then they pull in and before i realise it id passed them, pulling into a bus stop (NOT a laybuy) so i stopped, reveresed to be infront of there unmarked 328 they weren't pleased about this, so i expained about how i diddnt fully understand about what they were saying due to the incodent that had just taken place, so upon pulling in i instantly stepped out of the car (so they would not acuse me of not wearing a seatbelt, even thou I was) walked to there car and sat in the back, after a bunch of blah blah they showed me on video, BUT to my AMAZMENT and further distruiting me, did not show the car which had caused me to speed up to 83mph (according to there camera stuff) they themselfes were doing 90 as a point of interest.  So they booked me for 83 in a 70 zone,  I gotta pay a £60 fine, not that I mind paying 60bux to keep my life (in my opinion that was the only thing to do and had I even released the accelerator the punto would have smashed right into me and id probably not be here to post this message) but they also as standard slammed 3 points on my liscence, so this is going to amuse my insurance company no end, what basta*ds, sorry for the rambiling folks, just im sure u can see my point about how unfair this was, WHY ME!!!

oh and they were driving a 328 automatic, when will they learn to drive properly, the gutless COWARDS! </end-frustration>

Edited by root102
215m3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2003 at 10:37
Gaza

Where we meeting and at what time?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic