Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest extended warranty???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best extended warranty???
    Posted: 24-September-2010 at 17:41
Hi Guys. I've just got back to owning an "M" car and need a decent warranty. The ones I've looked at are BMW's own, through Mondial, WarrantyWise (the Quentin Willson one) and Mywarrantydirect.co.uk. The last one is half the price of the others. Any experience of these? Thanks.
Who needs petrol anyway...
Sponsored Links

mick_n3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick_n3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2010 at 21:37

Had a warranty wise policy about 4 years ago on my e36 evo with the optional wear and tear cover, diff started making a noise new diff £1400 they paid out didn't even send a engineer to look at it.

Got one on my e90 at the moment they have just coughed up for a new turbo, £1200. So you could say I've have my monies worth out if them 

ken737 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2010 at 13:06
Thanks for the info, Mick. Warrantywise and BMW's own are like for like price wise at around £800 per year. Myvehiclewarranty.co.uk offer what seems to be a good deal, plenty covered, main dealer repairs for half that. I'm tempted but don't know much about them. 
540 V8 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-October-2010 at 20:59
A lot of extended warranties have small print you need to read carefully. The last thing you want is a non payout for something that isn't covered for a really trivial reason. Read the whole terms and conditions thoroughly!!!

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
ken737 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2010 at 18:52
Well, I eventually plumped for Myvehiclewarranty, at £799 for two years. Ask me what it's been like in two years! I called the FSA, British institute of insurers, and they checked out. I called their claims office as if I had a problem, no trouble. So, we'll see. I scrutinised their policy, and apart from wear and tear, which I know can get semi covered for twice the price, everything seems kosher. I also got the single claim limit raised to £10,000. Watch this space!
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2010 at 21:12
It's good to have trustworthy peace of mind! Hopefully you'll never need it.

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic