Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSnow pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2010 at 21:29

Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

Gary, I hope you dont get stopped by the Polis for having snow on your roof. I spent 20 mins on top of steps in the snow you saw in my pics brushing snow off my 10 foot tall Transit. £60 fine and 3 points, Grrrrr 

This story was total horses**t as i thought. Confirmed by plod on the news tonight. Facebook rumour mill gone nuts as usual. 

Advising people to clear their roofs for safetys sake - yes 
Dishing out fines and points - No

Snow pics to follow  

Edited by Ham328
Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
Sponsored Links

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2010 at 21:43
Originally posted by Ham328 Ham328 wrote:

Gary, I hope you dont get stopped by the Polis for having snow on your roof. I spent 20 mins on top of steps in the snow you saw in my pics brushing snow off my 10 foot tall Transit. £60 fine and 3 points, Grrrrr 

This story was total horses**t as i thought. Confirmed by plod on the news tonight. Facebook rumour mill gone nuts as usual. 

Snow pics to follow  

I wondered about this too when i got loads of texts about it yesterday so i googled it and couldnt find anything online about it. Its common sense to clear the car of snow tho and I wouldnt be surprised if the police are stopping cars!

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2010 at 22:03

Ok, I'm a fud ! with a clear roof !!

Told you all about the dangers of Twitfacearsebook !!!

Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2010 at 22:40

Snow Pics then from the North Face of the Everest (Not really, It's Lochgelly. But you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference.)

Guess the Cars

And Again

The fresh snow on the right here is about 18" deep

Despite the clear drive this hasn't moved since Sunday

Snowman awaiting completion.....or burial, whichever comes first

Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
alym786 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alym786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2010 at 23:23
Got a little worse today... But nowhere near as bad as a lot of other places!

Not bad zoom for a compact :)

Edited by alym786
E46 328ci now sold :(
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 05:27
Great pics guys.
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 10:03
Have to say I didnt take this photo but I thought It was cool and thought I would share it..........

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 10:42
I thought this was funny -

alym786 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alym786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 12:44
Originally posted by Issy Issy wrote:

I thought this was funny -

Just wondering what you were searching for when you came across this Issy????
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 15:10
Found it on another forum! haha 

2002SportEvo View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2002SportEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 15:16

Here's some from Falkirk.....

2002 SportEvo    
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 15:56
Day 5 in the Snow Brother House

Only a little more snow overnight, but now at silly levels.
The snow plough came around again and piled more snow at the end of my drive - cars definitely aren't going anywhere now

Edited by nero

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 16:47

I want it to go away now. I spent 1 hour 15 mins this morning just getting out of my driveway in the van (which normally goes everywhere)

2 or 3 inches of solid ice then some more inches of hard packed snow then some more flippin inches of powder snow. If it wasn't for 2 neighbours pushing me to block the road and get in the way of a 4x4, I wouldn't have gotten out at all.

The 4x4 really wanted in and so had to tow (drag) me to roads that had seen some salt and out of his way. to the 4x4 driver.

Have I mentioned that I want it to go away now !!!

Nicola View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 18:36
Couldn't agree more. I am emigrating for a week to warm back up.
Could the committee please arrange for all snow to be away for my
return on Friday 10th.

Unfortunately I have not boarded my 17.30 flight at EDI yet however
even if I miss my connection in Paris at least I will be out of EDI.

Blackie has been valeted today all ready for the sun that you arrange
for upon my return. I promise to distribute club fliers to the 3 other
E92 M3s in my area once Blackie is back on the road as a thankyou.

Smile!

Kohler View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 19:27
i got a free lander on monday, already towed 2 people and rescued a lost girl on saturday night :D
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 19:35
Originally posted by Issy Issy wrote:

Originally posted by Ham328 Ham328 wrote:

Snow pics to follow  

I wondered about this too when i got loads of texts about it yesterday so i googled it and couldnt find anything online about it. Its common sense to clear the car of snow tho and I wouldnt be surprised if the police are stopping cars!

Apparently this is a hot topic on Radio 2, Chris Evans reported this morning that the AA confirm via a police source that it is actually true but they have been advised to use discretion as to the severity of the risk of the snow displacing and causing a hazzard to other motorists.

I personally dont have to worry as my van is clear.

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 21:28

Love this pic, optimistic number 43, I didn't even try to get my wheelie bin out, no point !!

Edited by Cambell
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 22:59
A few photos from this week in my area...

In the words of Rolf Harris....."Can you tell what it is yet??"

New style spoiler......

Not even attempted to move any of the cars, will clear them both out on Saturday no doubt.

Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
alym786 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alym786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2010 at 23:15

Love this pic, optimistic number 43, I didn't even try to get my wheelie bin out, no point !!

know what you mean, crazy thing is we've been getting our mail ok! (weird) But thought just incase they venture out...

Been trying to try different settings on the new camera, dunno if I like it yet! But that was Sepia, looks quite cool I thought...

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2010 at 04:58

Originally posted by alym786 alym786 wrote:

crazy thing is we've been getting our mail ok! (weird)

That would be nice, I got mail yesterday for the first time since Saturday. Am I waiting for a parcel?........yep, is it important?............yep, is it holding 2 tradesmen up?..........flippin yep, am I happy?...........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic