Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE60 Business Sat Nav update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThosH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E60 Business Sat Nav update
    Posted: 05-April-2011 at 13:08
Hi to all, A query from a Newbie(I've searched for a similar query, without success). I have a Dec 2008 520D import to Ireland from UK. Lovely car & lots of extras. I see that 2011 discs are available from a number of independents (some mentioning endorsement by this Forum) and indeed there are some links on this Forum also.
I wonder how up-to-date these discs are? I reckon that they can only be as current as the info on new roads are notified to whatever central database is used. If there is any delay in this process, then I imagine you will be disappointed and still find yourself flying through space, when driving on a new road.
In recent years, the construction downturn had resulted in fewer new road projects. So, there is less liklihood of a disc going out of date.
Has anybody had any bad experience of such an "indy" disc? Any danger of IT issues/interference with system in car, etc? Has anybody been disappointed with finding that new roads were not included, as they might have expected?
Prices of around £30 seem reasonable, if you get what you think you are paying for.
All the best,
ThosH
Sponsored Links

CAT65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAT65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2011 at 19:23
I found that not ll the new roads were covered - i found a download online for just £5, can't remember the website - will take a look tonight
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic