Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedpolished oem 19’s, which lacquer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary w. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: polished oem 19’s, which lacquer
    Posted: 10-April-2011 at 21:18
hey guys, i've been trying to get information regarding lacquering my e46 m3 19" polished rims. I basically got them polished at national alloys last year. 3 of them are still ok but 1 was suffering lacquer peel. I stripped the wheel back to bare metal, painted inside the spokes and so on and polished the face. Now i'm trying to find the best lacquer to use which will match what national alloys used. I tried eastwoods lacquer but felt the wheel went to dull when applied. any ideas????
Sponsored Links

ken737 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-April-2011 at 10:17
Hi Gary. I take it you're looking for something along the aerosol can lines? Or do you have spray equipment? Regards, Ken.
Who needs petrol anyway...
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2011 at 13:23
No Laquer in the world will adhere longterm to POLISHED Aluminium.

I have a tin of that Glisten POR sitting on my shelf but haven't got round trying it out.
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
gary w. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary w. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2011 at 23:35
hey, sorry been a bit busy, in the end up i contacted national alloys and they just use a 2 pack clearcoat lacquer, i've done the wheel now using spray equipment and its come up great. I know it wont last long but i have 2 sets so as long as i get the summer out them i can always polished and lacquer them again in the winter, cheers for the replies
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic