Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBealach na Ba(Pass of the cattle-Applecross)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baddave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bealach na Ba(Pass of the cattle-Applecross)
    Posted: 16-May-2011 at 22:17

I seem to recall Issy mentioning a trip to Applecross later in the year and was just wondering if there's any update on this?

The E30 is coming out of retirement and I'd happily take point North of Ft William if necessary

Sponsored Links

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2011 at 22:27
Hiya we did have it in the calander for the Oct meet but we were advised that this was too late in the year for a good run up there and there is a risk of ice so we have taken it out the calander. So we will add it earlier into the calander for next year.
However I would still like to do it this year so leave it with me just now and I will have a think.
Cheers for the reminder..........

Baddave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baddave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2011 at 22:34

I usually head over in early September as the roads are usually quiet.

Weather can be a bit hit or miss though.It's either fine or miserable with low cloud,wind and some rain,just to make it interesting.

Edited by Baddave
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2011 at 22:59
what is was like when i was over in March, not the best
for
driving an E30... I was in an Astra

TID=47623&PN=6">http://www.bavarian-
board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=47623&PN=6

I was also over last July, it was busy in the afternoon
but early morning was a blast

p=245624&highlight=#245624">http://www.zroadster.net/forum
/viewtopic.php?p=245624&highlight=#245624

Edited by muppet 2
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2011 at 18:36

Getting kinda seek of the runs to the North and West, there are some cracking roads to the South and East aswell. It seems there's a 100 mile round trip to start and finish a run.

muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2011 at 20:05
Great Campbell... send your route one of the committee..
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2011 at 20:23
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

Getting kinda seek of the runs to the North and West, there are some cracking roads to the South and East aswell. It seems there's a 100 mile round trip to start and finish a run.

We are always open to suggestions as Sandy said email one of us with your route suggestions and we will consider. As I said we still have to come up with something for July and Oct Monthly meets. Thanks

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2011 at 22:28

People kept on about the view, how breathtaking it was etc etc, so after a long drive ............ :

Best Wishes

Nigel

Baddave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baddave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2011 at 01:28
Decided to pop out for lunch on Thursday and headed over the pass.Big smile
Food at the Applecross Inn was up to it's usual high standard.

Those familiar with the West coast of Gods favourite Country will recognise the pics from todays wee trip.
Nice wee trip considering I live over on the East coast nr Aberdeen.

Weather was fine all along the chosen route(pissing it down at home apparently)

Bealach na Ba summit was clear for a change,slight breeze as to be expected on an exposed summit but no low cloud,mist or rain,affording a pretty reasonable view across to Skye and the islands Big smile
Kinda tempted to head back over on Monday if the weather's reasonable.

For those not familiar with the Bealach Na Ba,here's a couple of wee vids courtesy of one of my fellow countrymen from ZX9R.net for your viewing pleasure

A couple showing the road North from Applecross

Big smile
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2011 at 12:57
Barry Coul was up there same time with his bike,you were nae with him were you?
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Baddave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baddave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2011 at 14:56
Nah Pete
Jist ma sell,although there were quite a few other bikers heading up n over the pass from the Applecross side as I was heading down towards the pub.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic