Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLegal advice concerning warranty, please.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Legal advice concerning warranty, please.....
    Posted: 10-June-2011 at 20:41
Hi All, I am having real problems with the warranty I took out when I bought my car last September. Are there any good legal brains out there who could offer some sound advice?
Who needs petrol anyway...
Sponsored Links

Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2011 at 13:41

There used to be a regular who worked in the legal profession (Horsetan) but he hasn't been on in a long time as far as I am aware.

For free advice i'd contact consumer direct.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Cons umerrights/index.htm

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
ken737 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2011 at 19:02
OK, here's the full scoop. Took out the "gilt" warranty with Myvehiclewarranty.co.uk in September last year when I bought the M5. £799 for 2 years, which was cheaper than BMW,(big mistake). The administrator, the go-between for the insurer, was Motorcare Elite, now gone bust. The insurer was Kay International. I had a couple of things needing done under warranty in February this year, and this is when the problems started. Motorcare went bust, and the new administrator is AutoProtect, the new insurer Alpha, based in Denmark. With me so far?? The claims were agreed between BMW and AutoProtect, but two problems arose. I am on a "temporary" policy, as they needed proof that my premium was paid over by Myvehiclewarranty.co.uk. This has been given to them at least twice. Also, there was an agreed labour rate of up to £100 per hour at the policy onset. AutoProtect say their rate is £37.90. Can you repair a BMW for that? Even an indy is more than that! AutoProtect now say they have passed my case to Alpha for review, and this could take up to 8 weeks! Why? It's, to me, pretty straightforward.The Ombudsman is involved, my own lawyer doesn't want to know, I have a car that really needs repaired, and I have nowhere to turn. Any suggestions of the legal kind would be very much appreciated.
Who needs petrol anyway...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic