FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedall change.. again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jim-beamer View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim-beamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: all change.. again
    Posted: 25-September-2012 at 16:16
very nice, Clap

E53 X5, 2003 318i SE, Suzuki GSXR
www.jgrecovery.com
Sponsored Links

523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2012 at 21:16
thanks John... 

i also done a small walk round video Clownhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haZ2mRwTGHA&feature=plcp
2003-530i SE
johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2012 at 10:36
One very nice looking car there and good wee bit of work has went into that, i like the wheels set it of very nice Thumbs Up.

M3 Evo 4 door
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2012 at 09:42
thanks guy's.. yeah Paul i think the rears are showing 3" and the fronts just under 2.5" of depth, they could do with a refurb ..(been done before i got them & the finish is poor).. so all going well they'll be done in a few weeks and if i could find someone who hasn't got a big waiting time i'd also get the rim's polished to mirror finish.

Edited by 523 iAN - 23-September-2012 at 09:45
2003-530i SE
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2012 at 07:10
NiceWink
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2012 at 23:35
Looking good Ian, thats a fair bit of dish going on!Cool
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
BillyP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2012 at 22:56
New wheels look the biz, car is really looking good.
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2012 at 22:24
been a while... Smile
not to much has been changed/fixed on my BIG motor, ive made a few small subtle changes, most noticeable being the tinted front fog's & i vinyl wrapped the "T" bar in the lower front grill i also fitted chrome kidney surrounds.. biggest change has been the wheels & head lights
 i purchased myself a set of "style 42" 18" BBS split's & a set of HELLA angel eye head lights about 4/5 wks ago

my intentions where to send the BBS to my mate's powder coating business and have them split, re-coated & new rubber fitted  Cool

but before that happened i was made an offer that was hard to resist, a good friend bought a very tidy 530 sport touring and he offered me a deal, my refurbished sport alloys (style 66) & some cash for the wheels that were fitted to his new touring.

couple of day's later i was the new owner of these "phat" beasties Evil Smile  
at first we thought they were BBS copies but ive since been told they are Rondell alloys.
rears are 10" wide: 275/35/18
fronts are 8.5" wide 235/40/18
i did have a small problem when they were first fitted.. i found that i had trouble reaching speeds over 60/65mph and the car's ABS/LSD/Traction control would all kick in turned to be the wrong size front tyres as they were 45 series tyres and were playing havoc with the speed sensors counting rotation between front & rear wheel speed rotations.. so i swapped the 45's for 40's and all was good  Thumbs Up

i'm fairly happy with it's look for now.. just need to see about getting a few small blemishes & stone chips seen to 
2003-530i SE
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2011 at 15:16
cracked on with some cleaning.. between the rain showers!
BEFORE

AFTER

i also stripped out the dash last week
unfortunately it'll be coming out again as all though the display looks better now it need's a slight adjustment as some letters are still missing on the display screen 

2003-530i SE
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2011 at 22:56
my next task.. strip out the dash board to fit a new on board computer pixel display ribbon.....  Geek 
apparently it can take up to 6hr "start to finish"
i'll (hopefully) strip my dash out tomorrow afternoon then have it back in place on saturday morning?? 

how the display looks at the moment, not the worst yet but i'd rather it was reading clear Wink

this is the 9 page insturction that i had to download for how to strip down the actual speedo/cluster 

then once all stripped i take out the old ribbon and replace it with this nice new one

then rebuild & refit the speedo cluster

"wish me luck"  Ermm

Edited by 523 iAN - 24-November-2011 at 23:02
2003-530i SE
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2011 at 17:51
Originally posted by vpricey vpricey wrote:

Well where the photos of the nice shiney wheels???

soz.. was a long night last night Wink

wheels returned last night.. many thanks go again to the guy's over at chameleon for doing a top-notch job Clap 

i'll do better pic's once i get a chance in day light

Edited by 523 iAN - 23-November-2011 at 17:53
2003-530i SE
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2011 at 07:09
Well where the photos of the nice shiney wheels???
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2011 at 10:48
Originally posted by Morpheus453 Morpheus453 wrote:

Looks like a great car mate :D Though not wanting to alarm you but in your last pic I think someone stole your alloys while you were busy with the camera Shocked

Muttley

Car looks nice Ian and look forward to photos of it progress Big smile

Morpheus453 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morpheus453 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2011 at 23:33
Looks like a great car mate :D Though not wanting to alarm you but in your last pic I think someone stole your alloys while you were busy with the camera Shocked
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2011 at 23:10
wheels are away, they'll be back tomorrow evening Wink

some before pic's of them  Shocked

not going any where  Ouch 
2003-530i SE
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2011 at 23:39
Looks very nice Ian, I'm sure it won't take you long to get it in ship shape! Approve 
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2011 at 19:58
Hi Gary, it's a 1999 with 131600K got a good amount of paper work & MOT's showing it's been cared for in the maintenance side of thing's Smile 

also just spoke to my mate on the phone (10 mins ago) who owns www.chameleonmetalcoatings.co.uk/ & he'll collect the wheels tomorrow night & return Tuesday 
2003-530i SE
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2011 at 19:39
Looking good mate.

What's the miles on it Ian.
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2011 at 19:29
new number plates are ordered as is a new ribbon for the dash board display.. also looking good for getting my wheels collected tomorrow night (Monday) and then them returning on Tuesday night all refurnished & freshly coated. Thumbs Up
2003-530i SE
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2011 at 16:49
i never fitted the badge but why remove the badge? the car is a "M"  (motor sport edition)..  or remove it for a cleaner look ?  Big smile 
personally i have considered removing it as it look's out of place just floating about on the grille Approve 

i managed to leave the E39 alone for 24hrs so i could get a proper listen to how it start's from cold and pleased to say it was smooth and rattle free Thumbs Up 

found out earlier that a friend of a friend owned this car he only parted with it due to needing a 4x4 as he stay's a tad off the beaten track he messaged me via facebook with some info (all good) & also said he was looking forward to seeing the car again after ive "set about it" as my mate told him all about my sad freaky cleaning habits Geek 

2003-530i SE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic