Forum LockedTop Gear Jan 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top Gear Jan 2012
    Posted: 13-March-2012 at 21:06
End of another great series, great stuff including the disabled buggy thing where jezzer gave his usual nod to the armed forces guys who do it for us.. he even gave them beer!
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Sponsored Links

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2012 at 23:20
Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

I had to tell my wife who Slash was.....oh dear.
Easy, he's a mediocre guitarist who is famous for 1 riff.
B7oony View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B7oony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2012 at 22:10
I enjoyed that episode but was a bit disappointed with the M5 review. For a car with so much hype I think it could have been a bit longer and more of a road test like what they did for the E60. Saying that it was good and none of those dumbass challenges.
When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did, in his sleep- -not screaming like the passengers in his car!!
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2012 at 20:26

So who thinks that Slash wears a wig then?  

I reckon his hat/hair is like one of those C U Jimmy hats you get - take it off and he'll be bald

p.s. agree with the consensus - last nights show wasn't too bad 

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2012 at 20:01
How much did the F10 muller the E60. Awesome
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2012 at 18:22

I thought last nights was probably the best for the series, M5 review (wonder why Clarkson didn't drive it?) and the motor racing for a couple of grand.  I'm certainly with them on the subject of the pink pringle brigade Golfists.
I 100 % agree with you Andrew best of the programs so far ........ NO STOOOOPID CHALENGES !!! Thumbs Up  (Most stupid was the "Disabled Scooter " thing ....... pointless & as said before 15mins of my life i will never get back ) 
Had me gripped for the whole hour this time ( not want to go make a coffee half way through )
M5 thing was AWSOME Geek........ what a bus ...... pity not all the programs have been this good
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2012 at 13:00
So who thinks that Slash wears a wig then?  All that hair was never under the crash helmet.  It must be stuck to the stoopid hat he weas.

I had to tell my wife who Slash was.....oh dear.
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2012 at 12:53

I thought last nights was probably the best for the series, M5 review (wonder why Clarkson didn't drive it?) and the motor racing for a couple of grand.  I'm certainly with them on the subject of the pink pringle brigade Golfists.
Agreed, really enjoyed it. They should have edited what the junkie thief in a reasonably proced car said but other than that, it was cool.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2012 at 08:34

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2012 at 22:12
I have not seen it yet was watching the Got to Dance final! Unfortunately I was disappointed to see our entrants didn't make the final!!! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2012 at 22:07
YET ANOTHER HOUR ON A SUNDAY NIGHT I WILL NEVER GET BACK !!!Thumbs Down AGAIN TO MUCH "FAFING" ABOUT ...... DID I LEARN ANYTHING ABOUT MY HOBBIE TONIGHT ??????? NO !!!! BUT I DID LEARN NEVER TO DRIVE AN OPEN TOP CAR TO WORK IN THE RAIN ( WHAT ??????????) Angry
Thought tonight was going to be quite good ....."Were trying out trackday cars tonight " .....Good i thought something at last that is interesting ........ but no ......... "Lets see who can do the most do-nut's " ....... again i ask the question "Did i learn anything from this ?????" ...... yes ....... i learned how not to make a complete KN*B of myself on national T.V ..... "And that your honour is the case for the prosecution !!!"  
johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2012 at 21:31
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

Enjoyed it tonight, not too much daftness !!

Yes your right it was a good one.Thumbs Up

M3 Evo 4 door
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2012 at 21:29

I thought it was all daftness...............and all the better for it!LOL
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2012 at 21:13
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2012 at 08:35
I forgot about the Saab news of them going bust.

I have to say the Saab drivers I've experienced drive very badly, a guy near me, tailgates you and where I park a guy swings into the next car park space with only millimeters to spare from my car.  Needless to say this guy has a large dent in his front wing.

Others drive very agressivley, and I wonder is it becase they have realised they are just driving around in a more expensive Vectra.

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2012 at 23:26

Enjoyed TG tonight. Wasn't that interested in the Skoda race with Buzz Lightyear but really did injoy the Saab story.

Missed it tonoght but i am looking forward to the saab story myself

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2012 at 21:34
Enjoyed TG tonight. Wasn't that interested in the Skoda race with Buzz Lightyear but really did injoy the Saab story.
Robin814 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 19:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lXI_IDBXfg&feature=related
TG used to do proper reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHp58Ss5GvM&feature=related

That boy Steve Berry's mouth moving in different directions put me off the last video. Thought I would never say this but Clarkson suits Top Gear.

Edited by nero - 24-February-2012 at 19:36
E46 318Ci M Sport 2001 Light Gelb
E39 530I Champagne I Individual Edition 2002
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 19:07
I like this very informative Top Gear piece for two very obvious reasons.....

and Clarkson even gives a reasonable technical explanation LOL

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 11:51
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic