Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTop Gear Jan 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2012 at 19:59
Yes Cambell Clarkson's review was more entertaining and more informative, giving some of the bad points of the car as well as saying in was the best 4 door car in the world.. Good find on youtube though . Did you wear the same anorak while you were looking or change halfway through...

Sandy
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Sponsored Links

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2012 at 22:33
Originally posted by muppet 2 muppet 2 wrote:

Yes Cambell Clarkson's review was more entertaining and more informative, giving some of the bad points of the car
Nah dude, he was expressing "words" pertaining to what may possibly be an opinion, we all know what his opinion is worth, especially the striking workers who were "taken outside and shot in front of their families" in November. 

He says "words" that he recons people may want to hear. If he thought the E60 M5 was the best saloon car in the world, why does he not have one in place of his Taxi (oops, Merc).

Not a personal assault on Mr "so called" Clarkson, just the content of the show and the way it is presented.

As for the anorak, I have a plethora of those for my many interests.
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2012 at 14:02
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

[QUOTE=muppet 2] especially the striking workers who were "taken outside and shot in front of their families" in November. 

REPLY--A quote out of context the previous couple of line were roughly" I think the strike is a  great thing, but this is the BBC has to give a balanced view so the striking worker should be"

Mr "so called" Clarkson

REPLY--Mr "so called " Clarkson...................sorry what are you on about...  his name is Mr Clarkson

REPLY __Not news that you have a collection of anoraks CambellLOL

Edited by muppet 2 - 22-February-2012 at 14:07
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2012 at 16:09

I think you should all get your anoraks on and watch 5th Gear
Oh look, a proper review

Here's an ape reviewing the exact same car
Chalk & cheese in my opinion & just proves that "Fifth Gear" is becoming the best of the two .Thumbs Up
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2012 at 21:52

especially the striking workers who were "taken outside and shot in front of their families" in November. 

REPLY--A quote out of context the previous couple of line were roughly" I think the strike is a  great thing, but this is the BBC has to give a balanced view so the striking worker should be"

REPLY--REPLY--Another example of how Mr Clarkson makes these comments without thinking or caring about who he offends. 

Mr "so called" Clarkson

REPLY--Mr "so called " Clarkson...................sorry what are you on about...  his name is Mr Clarkson

REPLY--REPLY--I can remember many occasions where a readers letter has started Dear So Called Top Gear or Dear Mr So Called Mr Clarkson. This usually refers to the reviewing of everyday cars over a supercar. That and "weve been literally inundated with a letter"

REPLY--REPLY-- In the words of a very wise man "Any idiot can be cold !!"Geek

muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2012 at 22:44

especially the striking workers who were "taken outside and shot in front of their families" in November. 

REPLY--REPLY--Another example of how Mr Clarkson makes these comments without thinking or caring about who he offends. 

Mr "so called" Clarkson

REPLY--REPLY--I can remember many occasions where a readers letter has started Dear So Called Top Gear or Dear Mr So Called Mr Clarkson. This usually refers to the reviewing of everyday cars over a supercar. That and "weve been literally inundated with a letter"

REPLY--REPLY-- In the words of a very wise man "Any idiot can be cold !!"Geek

Cambell... stop watching Top Gear... it clearly upsets you....Mr GrumpyLOL

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2012 at 22:52

Cambell... stop watching Top Gear... it clearly upsets you....Mr GrumpyLOL
Surely you mean Mr Honest Ermm
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2012 at 22:55
Anyway, how come I'm getting all the flack (again) ? Its not just me that thinks TG isn't what it used to be.
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2012 at 23:05
you bit!

stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2012 at 21:31

you bit!

you didn't even bait that hook
///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 11:51
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 19:07
I like this very informative Top Gear piece for two very obvious reasons.....

and Clarkson even gives a reasonable technical explanation LOL

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Robin814 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 19:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lXI_IDBXfg&feature=related
TG used to do proper reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHp58Ss5GvM&feature=related

That boy Steve Berry's mouth moving in different directions put me off the last video. Thought I would never say this but Clarkson suits Top Gear.

Edited by nero - 24-February-2012 at 19:36
E46 318Ci M Sport 2001 Light Gelb
E39 530I Champagne I Individual Edition 2002
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2012 at 21:34
Enjoyed TG tonight. Wasn't that interested in the Skoda race with Buzz Lightyear but really did injoy the Saab story.
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2012 at 23:26

Enjoyed TG tonight. Wasn't that interested in the Skoda race with Buzz Lightyear but really did injoy the Saab story.

Missed it tonoght but i am looking forward to the saab story myself

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2012 at 08:35
I forgot about the Saab news of them going bust.

I have to say the Saab drivers I've experienced drive very badly, a guy near me, tailgates you and where I park a guy swings into the next car park space with only millimeters to spare from my car.  Needless to say this guy has a large dent in his front wing.

Others drive very agressivley, and I wonder is it becase they have realised they are just driving around in a more expensive Vectra.
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2012 at 21:13
Enjoyed it tonight, not too much daftness !!
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2012 at 21:29

I thought it was all daftness...............and all the better for it!LOL

johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2012 at 21:31

Yes your right it was a good one.Thumbs Up

M3 Evo 4 door
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2012 at 22:07
YET ANOTHER HOUR ON A SUNDAY NIGHT I WILL NEVER GET BACK !!!Thumbs Down AGAIN TO MUCH "FAFING" ABOUT ...... DID I LEARN ANYTHING ABOUT MY HOBBIE TONIGHT ??????? NO !!!! BUT I DID LEARN NEVER TO DRIVE AN OPEN TOP CAR TO WORK IN THE RAIN ( WHAT ??????????) Angry
Thought tonight was going to be quite good ....."Were trying out trackday cars tonight " .....Good i thought something at last that is interesting ........ but no ......... "Lets see who can do the most do-nut's " ....... again i ask the question "Did i learn anything from this ?????" ...... yes ....... i learned how not to make a complete KN*B of myself on national T.V ..... "And that your honour is the case for the prosecution !!!"  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic