Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked15th July 2012 - Scottish Car Show - Ingliston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2012 at 21:33
just tried a call, all good

Sponsored Links

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2012 at 21:37
Good must be right what they are saying then!

swill View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2012 at 22:55
I'm sitting here next to Kerry, she's got full bar service and I've got nothing, both on iPhones, so it's not geographic as they are saying, just the luck of the draw I suppose
swill

E46 330ci clubsport estoril blue 2002,,,,,, now e60 520i sport 2005
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2012 at 23:28
UPDATE & MEETING PLACE & TIMES :-  I ONLY GOT THE TICKETS TODAY SO THOUGHT I WOULD  POST UP  THE INFO I HAVE  FOR SUNDAY . WE WILL MEET AT THE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE BEHIND McDONALDS AT THE NEWBRIDGE ROUNDABOUT NEAR TO INGLISTON AIRPORT.
TIME :- YOU WILL BE PLEASED TO KNOW WE WILL BE MEETING AT 7.15 A.M FOR A 7.30AM DEPARTURE Shocked EARLY I KNOW BUT WE MUST BE IN & SETTLED BY 9.00AM & THIS IS A POPULAR SHOW SO THE SOONER WE GET IN THE BETTER AS THE GATES WILL BE LOCKED  AS I SAY AT 9.00 AM SO ANY ONE COMING ON SITE AFTER THIS TIME WILL TURNED AWAY  ( WHICH WONT BE US !!! ) PLEASE ALSO NOTE IF YOU ARE LATE WE WILL NOT WAIT FOR YOU AS THIS MAY STOP ALL OTHERS FROM GETTING INTO THE SHOW .......SO PLEASE BE ON TIME .
WE MUST ALL ENTER AS ONE GROUP AS IF ANY OF OUR GROUP IS MISSING THEY WONT LET US IN TILL WE ARE ALL TOGETHER SO AGAIN DONT BE LATE .
ONCE IN THE QUE TO GET IN ALL PASSENGERS MUST THEN GO TO THE PAY DESK TO GET A PASS (£15 PER PERSON ) UPON GETTING THERE PASS THEY WILL GO THROUGH THE GATE & PICK UP THERE DRIVER ON THE OTHER SIDE. WE WILL THEN PROCEED TO OUR SPOT .

Edited by shorty - 11-July-2012 at 23:29
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2012 at 23:30
TOMMY JUST SEEN THIS UPDATE POSTED ON FACEBOOK FROM THE ORGANISERS......

We've had a few emails from people asking about the condition of the show ground with the weather. Well the team were over tonight and although its been raining a lot this week the ground is fine as there is underground drainage and the grounds team at The Royal Highland Centre are VERY used to dealing with rain over the past 20 years :) With no traffic or machinery on the surface since the Highland Show things are looking spot on so nothing to worry about. Its rained the last 3 few years preceeding the show and all is well ... plus we're the ONLY show in Scotland with a HUGE indoor area so chill and get ready for the biggest and best show yet!

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2012 at 23:35
Originally posted by Issy Issy wrote:

TOMMY JUST SEEN THIS UPDATE POSTED ON FACEBOOK FROM THE ORGANISERS......

The Scottish Car Show
We've had a few emails from people asking about the condition of the show ground with the weather. Well the team were over tonight and although its been raining a lot this week the ground is fine as there is underground drainage and the grounds team at The Royal Highland Centre are VERY used to dealing with rain over the past 20 years :) With no traffic or machinery on the surface since the Highland Show things are looking spot on so nothing to worry about. Its rained the last 3 few years preceeding the show and all is well ... plus we're the ONLY show in Scotland with a HUGE indoor area so chill and get ready for the biggest and best show yet!

Thanks for the update Issy Smile
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2012 at 21:42
Originally posted by Issy Issy wrote:

The Scottish Car Show

I smell shyiiiiiiiiite! Angry

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2012 at 21:44
It's the rally stage they make us congregate on that worries most folk, not the showground. 

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
Robin814 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-July-2012 at 23:12
Originally posted by bluebro bluebro wrote:

It's the rally stage they make us congregate on that worries most folk, not the showground. 

Hmmm i have to concour John! Confused
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2012 at 10:04
Originally posted by bluebro bluebro wrote:

Well, if we're early enough, we shouldn't have to queue for so long. Smile
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2012 at 09:28
Or if we see it's really bad, just stay on the gravel/ tar road and drive right upto the gate. I don't think they'd make 10-20 bms reverse all at once.
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
Grant320d View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant320d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2012 at 18:46
See you all at stupid o'clock tomorrow......! If the weather is dodgy I've got a wee gazebo that I've borrowed. Never even had it out the bag so it could provide amusement for onlookers trying to put it up!
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2012 at 22:29
Guys - hope you have a good show Smile

I want to see loads of photos to let me see what I'm missing Wink

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2012 at 21:35
Well how did it go then? 

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2012 at 07:12
There was hardly any scantily clad attractive young ladies, plenty skanky looking wee bairns though.

Personally, I thought the show was crap. 

The overall quality of the cars on show was poor, there were ofcourse some exceptions and not just on our stand. 

The standard of the cars in the building was generally abysmal. 

It seems to have turned more into a commercial operation than a car show. 

They should rename it "Chavfest" 

I think it'll be my last one.
alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2012 at 12:39
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

There was hardly any scantily clad attractive young ladies, plenty skanky looking wee bairns though.

The overall quality of the cars on show was poor, there were ofcourse some exceptions and not just on our stand. 

Don't hold back Cambell..
Skanky wee bairns are right up Wendy's street!
Where's the pics of the chavs Smile

Alan.
johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2012 at 22:00
Originally posted by alanross alanross wrote:

Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

Don't hold back Cambell..
Skanky wee bairns are right up Wendy's street!
Where's the pics of the chavs Smile

Alan.
Cambell was thinking this last year and that is how i just left it this year and the more for the drifter i think Tongue

M3 Evo 4 door
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic