Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked123 d M sport 08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 123 d M sport 08
    Posted: 18-May-2012 at 11:54
Hi,
Just joined the forum, bit new to all this.
can anyone advise me on chipping or re-mapping of my 1 series?
Looking to improve bhp, torque and consumption, if engine upgraded does all the rest of the standard equipment able to cope, eg. breaks , emmisions etc.
Andrew
Sponsored Links

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2012 at 13:39
Never been convinced for the need for chipping or re-mapping, I would just buy a car that had more poke in the first place. The purists will tell you that the two are different methods of altering the engines performance.  Today it does seem very popular to 'alter' the output from the modern diesel engines. 

My biggest concern would be for your autobox if you have one (they are rated on torque input, put too much in and you'll end up with a box of metal fillings), telling your insurance company and the validity of any warranty the car may still be under.
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2012 at 14:29
Hi Andrew, welcome to the forumHug

Another form member Webdunc will be the guy to speak to, as he also has a 123d. I think the figures from remapping these engines are quite impressive, I vaguely remember Duncan speaking about it at a previous meet.  I'm sure he'll spot your post also.

In the meantime, get some pics up!!Big smile

Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2012 at 17:11
Hi Andrew, welcome.

There's a guy at Hillington Industrial Estate who does a good job but I can't mind the address just now. I'll ask my brother.
He remapped my brothers 330d to give something like an extra 100 torque and 30 BHP. He could do more but my brother didn't want to take it too far.
The guy claims to offer 10% better economy if driven properly and my brothers MPG went from 50 to 55MPG. He drives like Miss Daisy as I'd be aiming for single figures..
Get some pics up mate, we like pics!

Alan.
asg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2012 at 21:36
thanks everyone for your comments.
Will get some pictures posted after I've given the car a wash !!
Use car every day for business and travel all over Scotland, happy to recommend some cracking drives.
Up on Orlney last week, need new tyres now, amazing driving roads, admittedly a bit far to go but worth the trip, drive to north coast excellent after Tain
A
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2012 at 12:44
Welcome to the forum.....

I'm sure dastek do this sort of thing.
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2012 at 16:17
Welcome to the forum Andrew.

Currently looking at Superchips Bluefin for my 118d, not sure if they do the 123d also.

Great price from Demon Tweeks at the mo and can be installed and removed by your own handheld device.

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic