Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Wessex Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWessex Region Committee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wessex Region Committee
    Posted: 07-January-2004 at 21:44

Wessex Region:  The Committee are meeting on Thursday 08th January 2004 for its first meet of the new year.  Do you have any issues with the current club setup you would like raised?  Would you particulary like to be involved with an event this year?  I appreciatte its short notice, however, any feedback from members at this stage in the year will be welcomed.  reply to this post before 6.30 Thursday evening or e mail:

Iainblair300@hotmail.com

Iain.

Sponsored Links

Sohlman View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Coupe Chairman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2004 at 10:51

I have an idea for an event. I am a member of Hampton Court Palace as i play real tennis, and i don't know what is possible, but i was thinking of proposing a large coupe event there for the CS, 6 series and 8 series.  As a member i am allowed to hire the palaces facilities etc. There is a large area either side of the driveway that would hold about 100 cars and then the palace has car parking for 1000's by using there parks. There would be some cost implication of holding the event there probable not only to using the land, but also for entry, but it's such a nice place, has a good restaurant, it would make a good day trip in the summer.  For example it cost £3 to use the car park for one day. And it cost £12 to enter the palace, but you can use the gardens for free, and you don't have to go in the palace.

I am probable not in the right area for wessex, but i myself am not sure what region i am in, but i turn up to both wessex and other meets in the south of London.  Hope this is of interest to both the wessex region, but also to the car club.

If the idea is considered good i can make some enquieries with the palace and see what is possible.

James

Sunday 10th July Brooklands Sharkfest and Big Coupe Day. Coupe Events
grant w View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2004 at 12:01
one point i would like raised is the demise of the trackday at goodwood , why was it stopped , was it from the lack of interest or was it down to cost ?? , is there any plans for future track days in the wessex region ,we have three tracks within our region , castle combe , thruxton and goodwood , i know thruxton are limited to the number of days they can use the track , or perhaps a club stand at one of the meetings or a parade lap of m cars , we've done it in the past , or perhaps go kating there are several indoor and outdoor tracks in our area ,. i'd love to attend the meeting but work tends to get in the way sorry , but if there's any way i can help with any future events please let me know ...

Edited by grant w

www.redevom3.co.uk
1989 e30 m3 2.5
1996 e36 m3 evo , sold
2002 e46 m3 smg .
1991 Daihatsu 2.8 TD Work Horse
Rust Never Sleeps . Tattooed Lady - Bearded Baby - there my family ..
Boyracer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2004 at 16:20

Grant,

I used to be a member of the Ford RS Owners group which used to do a track event in the country nearly every weekend.  Since joining the BMW Club, there certainly seems to be a demise on opportunities on the track.  At 22, im not interested in events at steam rallys or country parks, I want to see concourse cars but I also want to see cars doing what they were built for, particulary the M Tech cars - on a track.

It was a point I was going to make tonight anyway but thankyou for your reply.  I will also ask about the Karting as I do that away from the club & would be more than happy to organise an event - again, I will raise this tonight.  I will certainly put yourself forward & any other member of the Wessex Region wishing display a car or marshal or help with concourse events, please contact me on Iainblair300@hotmail.com

Sohlman - Many thanks for your reply - this will be raised this evening also.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic