Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedM3, the rules!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M3, the rules!
    Posted: 18-July-2012 at 18:01
It seems you lot have not grasped the concept of M3's being wummin's cars so I need to re-iterate the rules according to me, This is a dictatorship not a democracy!!!

Not all M3's are burd's motors. let me explain

The E30 for instance has the DTM Racing and Rally pedigree and along with the handling makes it's a real man's car, (only god knows how Wendy ended up with one)
The E36 is starting to get classic status and with this in mind it's now more of a man's car. Exception to the rule here is the convertible, that will always be a burd's motor!
The E46, in all its guises is a raging hairdresser's wagon. Myth is, BMW offered a mobile hairdressing salon kit as an option. Girls, it doesn't matter what you do to them, you can lower away, supercharge, BBK, body kit all day long it won't change the fact outsiders will think you're driving the wife's car.
Want to be a man in an E46, then buy a CSL! Or sit in the passenger seat drunk while the GF/Wife drives you home from the pub
E90/92/93
It's a man’s car for 2 reasons!
No.1 The lovely V8 engine
No.2 I've bought one! Haha
If you haven’t already worked it out, the pictures of the M3 in the “goin, goin” thread is of my new toy which will be getting picked up next weekend. It’ll be making its first appearance at Gaydon.
2008 model, Sparkling Graphite, Novillo Fox Red Leather.
2 owners, 45K
        19" M Double-spoke alloy wheel
     Black Carbon-look leather interior trim
     BMW Assist
     BMW Assist online portal
     Elec Fold Exterior Mirrors
     Enhanced Bluetooth telephone functionali
     Loudspeaker system - BMW Professional
     Seat heating. front
     Seven-speed Double Clutch Transmission (
     Sun protection glass
     USB audio interface
You may have already seen the pictures but you can look again

Sponsored Links

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 18:07
firstly how the hell did you manage to post this when the forum is playing up?
Secondly OMG well jell!
I love it! congrats on your new purchase eh who would have thought you in an M3!!! Cant wait for a shot! That is deffo going to be my next car! shhhh dont tell anyone but i have been looking about too!!
NOISUFNOC View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOISUFNOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 18:09
Congrats, i knew you were upto something, cant see you on a bike, no room for beer in the boot
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 18:22
Congrats mate. Looks the biz ;)
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 18:54
Originally posted by Issy Issy wrote:

firstly how the hell did you manage to post this when the forum is playing up?
Secondly OMG well jell!
I love it! congrats on your new purchase eh who would have thought you in an M3!!! Cant wait for a shot! That is deffo going to be my next car! shhhh dont tell anyone but i have been looking about too!!

I've been trying to post that up all day, should have it just before the supercar experience

I wisnae telling you again John, u'd have burst my bubble again.

Cheers cambell, dont worry mate i'm not becoming one of they cutters
///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Poison E90 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poison E90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 19:32
nice one stevie looks goodCool
Robin814 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 19:57
Nice Stevie. Cracking motor. Pleased for you!
alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 20:10
Nice one Stevie but did you have a few beers while writing up the rant?

Can't believe you've bought an 'auto' though. Canna beat changing your own gears (E30 M3 & E39 M5)
Looks the berries Stevie, congrats!

Alan.
gary w. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary w. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 20:21
Congrats mate, nice car. Having just bought an E92 myself the sound of the V8 is amazing Big smile
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 20:43
Cheers guys.
Gary, the test drive totally won me over

Alan, I was sober when I wrote that rant, just drunk when I bought the car. I know it's an auto but I just loved the paddle shift, it's so responsive and I just know i'll have fun wie this until the f10 M5 is affordable.

alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 20:59
Good lad.
I was at a Porker track day and tried out the PDK shift and was impressed but think it would take some getting used to as i've always had my left or even right arm doing the notching.
Think I might remortgage and get an F10 M5 Big smile
Bet you can't wait to get your grubby mits on it.
Hope the boot big enough for supplies for Gaydon!!

Alan.
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 21:46
alan, I tried to part ex some of my organs for the F10 but they offered me less for them than they did the E34 so it had to be the M3 instead.
If the job in Norway had come off I could've bought 2 F10's but it fell through so I now have no job at present and an M3 to pay for

There's always room for Gaydon supplies, even if I need to sit on a case of beer on the way down.

I'm champing at the bit to get behind the wheel of this car, the test drive was immense, poor wee salesman nearly died when I flew over the 120 mark

vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 22:36
I thought those pics were to specific!!lol.  Very nice Stevie, nice buy. Although if my M3 is a hairdressers car, so is yours!!

Can't wait to see it! Approve
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 22:50
Nice one Stevie ...& my fav colour of seats too (MMMMMMMM ......Wonder if they will fit my car Wink ) Roll on Gaydon till i get a wee look at it  ( & nick the seats too !!! LOL )

johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2012 at 23:10
Cool as f@*? Clap Thumbs Up,  its smart all right 

M3 Evo 4 door
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2012 at 10:52
Nice Stevie... enjoy your "compact" car
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

T31MUL View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T31MUL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2012 at 11:47
Like it Stevie, nice one mate.Beer
Davie T31MUL
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2012 at 13:46
Originally posted by alanross alanross wrote:

Behave has you seen the stuff I get in mine for going to Gaydon the boot is MASSIVE!!!!Big smile

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2012 at 13:56

Behave has you seen the stuff I get in mine for going to Gaydon the boot is MASSIVE!!!!Big smile

It has to be, it has to get a weekly shop in there, a womans work is never done eh ?
alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2012 at 17:37
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

It has to be, it has to get a weekly shop in there, a womans work is never done eh ?

Ironning board too I hope!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic