Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Top Gear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Top Gear
    Posted: 11-February-2013 at 22:17
I really enjoyed it last night, humorous and the wee Glaswegian lassie was great. Down to earth, loaded, a petrol head and living the dream and why not ? 

Well done BBC
Sponsored Links

johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2013 at 22:29
Cambell it was a breath of fresh air, i like topgear i never miss it but as the chaps get older and some very daft shows at times its still the only good car tv show!! Glaswegin lassie (Amy Macdonald) she is lovely and i am a bit of a fan she did hold her own on the hot lap lol 

M3 Evo 4 door
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 08:23
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

the wee Glaswegian lassie was great. Down to earth, loaded, a petrol head and living the dream and why not ?

Going on a recent post of yours mate, are you going to call her a munter also?LOL

Amy MacDonaldHeart, mmmm yummy!
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 10:59
All round good series this time, daft stuff as usual but god it is better than some bloke in an anorak going on about car stats.... James does not wear an anorak..
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 11:10
Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

Going on a recent post of yours mate, are you going to call her a munter also?

Not a munter at all, very pretty. 
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 12:01
This series has been a big improvement on the last but then that wouldn't have been difficult.

A couple of things they need to do, dump the star in the car it's sh1t and has been for a long time! and the 2nd get rid of all the wee blondes n brunettes from the front of the audience, stop trying to turn my car show into a 70s TOTP episode.

///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
andybeemer74 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andybeemer74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 12:14
Yea enjoying this series the wee Scottish lassie was great and very pretty buy i agree with Stevie they need to come up with something else now the star in the car has had its day now time to moove on.  But its still the best car show on the telly Wink

Half Jock :-)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 12:22
So what did we think of the new Toyota GT86?  Rear wheel drive fun......

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 12:28

We could make something like that easily. Robins Coupe with 4 space savers would be as much fun.
Robin814 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 12:42

We could make something like that easily. Robins Coupe with 4 space savers would be as much fun.

HOHO!

Edited by thepits - 12-February-2013 at 13:49
E46 318Ci M Sport 2001 Light Gelb
E39 530I Champagne I Individual Edition 2002
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 13:10
I was having a look at the specs for the Toyota.

0-62 in 7.6 secs, flat out at 140 mph, so adequate enough.  Lumpy 2.0i 4 pot, not a smooth six cylinder, 200 bhp but only 151 lbs of torque, so not much grunt for all that bhp.  That's a lot of bhp for a 2.0 normally aspirated engine.  A decent engine (a German one) will produce approx the same figure of torque in lbs as it does power in bhp.  Mine produces approx. the same value of bhp as it does lbs of torque as too did my 523i, with 177 bhp and 180 lbs of torque.

While it would be a fun car, I would imagine living with it everyday life in traffic and on the motorway would mean loads of gear changes making driving a bit tiring.

Current

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 16:16

0-62 in 7.6 secs, flat out at 140 mph, so adequate enough.  Lumpy 2.0i 4 pot, not a smooth six cylinder, 200 bhp but only 151 lbs of torque, so not much grunt for all that bhp.  That's a lot of bhp for a 2.0 normally aspirated engine.  A decent engine (a German one) will produce approx the same figure of torque in lbs as it does power in bhp.  Mine produces approx. the same value of bhp as it does lbs of torque as too did my 523i, with 177 bhp and 180 lbs of torque.

While it would be a fun car, I would imagine living with it everyday life in traffic and on the motorway would mean loads of gear changes making driving a bit tiring.

If i was looking for a car that size? i give it a go and its at a good price too lot more fun for your cash and its new and comes with a good back up plan, or pr-owned BMW? well i like the new Toyota some of there newer car look very smart OMG i am getting old Ermm 

M3 Evo 4 door
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 16:20
Originally posted by stevie53 stevie53 wrote:

and the 2nd get rid of all the wee blondes n brunettes from the front of the audience, stop trying to turn my car show into a 70s TOTP episode.

but that is why i watch itTongue
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 19:32

The S14 engine in my E30 M3 is exactly the same.

2.5ltr, 238bhp, 177lb/ft of torgue.

In town traffic it is a complete pig to drive, constantly changing from 2nd to 3rd. Don't dare think of moving up to 4th under 35mph.

But get it above 3500rpm and OMG it comes to life in a very raucous and violent way all the way to the limiter at 7200rpm.

Intoxicating!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Top Gear
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2013 at 23:11
Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

But get it above 3500rpm and OMG it comes to life in a very raucous and violent way all the way to the limiter at 7200rpm.
Yeah but your gearbox is on backwards, that has to be the scariest car I've ever driven. (loved itWink)
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 20:52
Well tonight wasn't bad, Kia Rugby............stupid !
johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 21:20
it was ok tonight kia is a nice wee car Smile, rugby was daft? 

M3 Evo 4 door
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 21:24

Well tonight wasn't bad, Kia Rugby............stupid !

ZACTLY !!!!Angry .......@Cambell :- do you remember when you were out D.J.ing & there wasn't much going on you played a few "Fillers" ........well that is what i recon that is .......they have 15mins at end of show to fill ......"lets do car Rugby " ......"Lets do pointless blowing up of cars " ......."Lets put an eel in the boot of a car" Exclamation   " Censored off Clarkson you are a stupid Censored who has the job we all dream about doing & make an Pig 's ear of it "
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 21:27
Fern Kenny, Groove me !!
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 21:40

Fern Kenny, Groove me !!

Yes ......that was my point ........."Board now .......only 15 mins till im out of here .....i know .....Fern Kenny ........"LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic