Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Top Gear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2013 at 21:03
Hmmmm ??????
Sponsored Links

stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2013 at 21:24
a lot of keech tonight
///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2013 at 21:36
Originally posted by stevie53 stevie53 wrote:

a lot of keech tonight

I think the word you were looking for Stevie was SH1TE !!! I actualy fell asleep during the "James May posh land rover test " as for 75% of the program dedicated to ANOTHER daft "Project" ???Confused
They will  be loosing real "Petrolheads " in droves if they continue with this rubbish ???
And next week more crap .......& a two parter at that Ouch. Another meaningless "Jolly" to a far off land to ponce around doing meaningless stuff . Thay keep talking about "Old Top Gear" at least then we learned somthing about cars ...rather than this drivel Disapprove
m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2013 at 22:23
Doesn't your telly have an on/off switch?
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2013 at 23:00
Originally posted by m3Cecotto m3Cecotto wrote:

Yes ....it has ...... thanks for asking LOL
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2013 at 07:08
Originally posted by shorty shorty wrote:

Originally posted by m3Cecotto m3Cecotto wrote:

Yes ....it has ...... thanks for asking LOL
Mine has but I never use it, Jeremy Kyle might go away and not come back !!!Shocked
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2013 at 21:08
Belter tonight!
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2013 at 21:20
Originally posted by muppet 2 muppet 2 wrote:

Belter tonight!
yes it was better LOL, next week looks better still?

M3 Evo 4 door
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2013 at 07:08
Yes, its nice to pay for and watch the 3 of them and their massive team to go on holiday.
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2013 at 08:30
Aww come on Cambell.

Jezza's Beamer isn't doing too well.Cry

Can't say I've heard of sticky throttle problems on the E39, my handbrake wasn't much cop either.  Although all his electrical gremlins brought back happy memories of E39 ownership.

I liked his comments about the choice of rear tyres.  I would like to think it was a cheap set put on to pass an MOT before he bought it, rather than the previous owner skimping.....
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2013 at 11:23
Ha ha, the previous owner of the E39 was a contestant on Pop Master on BBC Radio 2 today. Unfortunately he didn't do too well. 6 points, apparently he was a bit hacked off at the hole in the door that previously cost him a lot of money to fix prior to the sale. 
alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2013 at 18:25
I must say I was not entertained much by last nights Top Gear. Another pointless road trip split over two hours in which I'm not going to learn anything new.
Driving these three £1500 estates like this is pointless. You would buy a proper jeep for doing that and get knowledgeable people to do the tour.
It's not motoring journalism to me.
How much is my license fee paying toward this? Three cars at £1500, shipped over there, paying those three t**ts, did you see the amount of crew there...? The list goes on and costs through the roof. Wheres the freedom of information to see the costs... Am I ranting? Evil Smile
Oh I do like the 850R, always had a wee chuckle when I seen the traffic fuzz in them many years ago
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2013 at 18:37
Originally posted by alanross alanross wrote:

I must say I was not entertained much by last nights Top Gear. Another pointless road trip split over two hours in which I'm not going to learn anything new.
Driving these three £1500 estates like this is pointless. You would buy a proper jeep for doing that and get knowledgeable people to do the tour.
It's not motoring journalism to me.
How much is my license fee paying toward this? Three cars at £1500, shipped over there, paying those three t**ts, did you see the amount of crew there...? The list goes on and costs through the roof. Wheres the freedom of information to see the costs... Am I ranting? Evil Smile
Oh I do like the 850R, always had a wee chuckle when I seen the traffic fuzz in them many years ago

Clap Clap ClapCouldn't agree more Alan Thumbs Up
Clap
Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2013 at 21:46
I'm not sure which surprises me most?

The amount of people who still manage to enjoy Top Gear or the amount of people who pay for a tv licence? Ermm
Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2013 at 22:42
Originally posted by Ham328 Ham328 wrote:

I'm not sure which surprises me most?

The amount of people who still manage to enjoy Top Gear or the amount of people who pay for a tv licence? Ermm
well, I enjoy Emmerdale and you need a licence so.....................

I watch TG in the "hope" that there is something informative.
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2013 at 08:09
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

well, I enjoy Emmerdale and you need a licence so.....................

I'm sure yonks ago somebody managed to get out of paying for his tv licence because he argued and demonstrated that as his tv was only tuned into ITV and Channel 4 he didn't need a licence as those channels (which Emmerdale is on), are paid for via the adverts and not by the licence fee.

I'm going to miss next Sundays episodeCry
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
m3Cecotto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2013 at 09:29
You need a licence to watch live TV as it is broadcast no matter what channel you watch.

However a smart TV using tvcatchup.com or Iplayer/4od/stvplayer etc. doesn't need a licence.

Tvcatchup.com is effectively freeview about 2 minutes behind the live feed.

However you are under no obligation to let any inspectors in to your house or tell them your name - if you don't do either of these things they'll never prove anything.

Or you could just stump up £130 per year to watch Emmerdale and Top Gear and get no hassle.

Edited by m3Cecotto - 05-March-2013 at 09:29
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2013 at 10:55
You need a licence to own any televisual receiving equipment, nothing to do with how shows are funded.
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2013 at 11:12
I remember hearing a few years back that when you bought a new TV somehow your postcode managed to find it's way from the shop to the tv detector guys and those who purchased new tv's but had no licence quickly received a visit from the detector van.

When I was younger I remember when the detector van went round the streets you would see all thekids whose families never had a licence running into the house to warn their parents to switch the tv off . never happened in my house as we had no tv, had a licence though

stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2013 at 11:22
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

I watch TG in the "hope" that there is something informative.

It stopped being informative for me many moons ago but at least it was funny at times, now it's too repetitive and stale but stupidly I'll continue to watch it in the hope that they'll do something new but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

As for Emmerdale, best in soapland for the females but never the same since they tamed the Dingles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic