Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Central Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCentral Region Events

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2004 at 17:24

With so much input , idea,s and members saying "Yes" Poor darrens Computer is in shock!!!!.Darren maybe to.Most Important is Something IS being organised, for Central members, the one,s who come to the events will enjoy, those that dont will miss out.Thanks to the one,s who are the Doers!!, Lets support them.

SAFETYFAST

Edited by B 7 VP
Sponsored Links

Philrose View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2004 at 17:47

Going back to my earlier comments about a committee - sorry to confuse.

A few years ago  -like 2 - there was a monthly pub night in Warwick where we tried to relaunch the region. About half a dozen stalwarts turned up and Darren and Karen coordinated everything. We put together a calender of events, from memory 5. These were advertised in the club mag.. I put together the events but Karen arranged everything. They were all drives/visits and lunches. Attendance varied from about 20 to 10. Last year Z events took my attention and nothing was arranged in the region except the poorly attended picnic to Waddesden Manor.

I believe that the majority of members dont use this message board and therefore wont know about the events here. Straight Six and the Mag go to everyone and therefore more people will know about things. Problem is lead time - the mag goes to print many weeks in advance so an event calender needs to be put together for entry in the mag..

I'm planning 4 Sunday events for the Z register which of course anyone can attend.

These are The Cotswold Cruise, The Rutland Water Wander, The Peak District Dayout and a Cruise around Shropshire/Herefordshire. 

Edited by Philrose
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2004 at 18:08

Seems a good idea Phil, to re-try that is.

How about.....to compliment those sorts of ideas, a web based jobby.

It might be easier for those people who use the net, and who would find it inconvienient to travel to warwick on a particular night, work and distance etc.

I see no reason why we couldnt use the central region forum, actually seems a good use for it.

I realise we would have to be careful not to exclude people who dont have/dont want to use internet access, so someone in authority, possibly Darren and Karen could let the mags know.

What do you think ?

Best Wishes

Nigel

Peter H View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2004 at 20:01
Yes I Agree - Realisticly both are needed, there is always going to be some people who cannot make a pub (?) meet because of  work or prior commitments, if the region is looking at becoming more active then post a report of meetings on forum, it may incourage web based readers to attend, Also articles are needed for magazine to encourage others to come out to play, sorry join in the fun, they could be about anything initally,
Das Wolperdinger

AHN-NYUNG-HEE GA-SEH-YO
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2004 at 08:24

I'll see if John thinks its okay, like you, many years under his belt.

I think it will be a good idea as the central region is large, and it would be unreasonable to expect the aylesbury/ milton keynes lads and lasses to travel to warwick just for an evening, although I do realise Darren and Karen were travelling some distance.

We also have people just as far to the north.

I wonder if we actually have to have a committee ?

Does that seem a bit too formal ?

With Darren as central rep, couldnt ALL members be the committe ?

Best Wishes

Nigel

B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2004 at 10:07

I think the Magazine and Forum, should be complementing each other, and the magazine should list the Long term regional Events, in different locations.If a local area event gets support within the Region, its dealt with on Forum, and can be sometimes at short notice.We Need to promote The Forum much more in the magazine, and steps are in hand to do this.If say 3/4 local regional club Reps are needed, to be a contact point, and generate idea,s then fine, if thats the wish.Surely the most Important acheivement is for owners to get together , without long distance travel , if they want to.

SAFETYFAST

Dave E View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-January-2004 at 12:45
Hi Nigel,
It would appear you are on to a winner regarding the Morgan meet. I have counted 15 persons on this board so far who are keen to go (5 of these have not stated whether they will be accompanied so have counted them as one each) plus yourself as one, plus perhaps Darren and Karen if they are organising this visit. This would make this to be at least 18 persons. Is there a limit on group numbers?
A date as soon as possible would be useful especially for those members organising holidays and/or other events.

Dave E
(A regular attendee of the Warwick monthly meet until they were changed to every three months)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic