Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe search !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The search !!
    Posted: 16-February-2013 at 23:25
Well thought id give you all a little update on my search :- 
I went along to see a E46 M3 today .....& i took along for guidance Bluebro as i am new to the M/// Marque.......& good thing i did !!! 
We arrived at blokes door & after the "Hello's" he showed us around the car ......& already Bluebro's "Eagle" eye was at work .
We took the car for a short drive when Bluebro pointed me in the direction of the petrol station so we could have a better look . Eagle eye at work again Blubro pointed out the back quarter had been re-sprayed .........& the drivers door ......& the front drivers wing ........maybe the bonnet & spoiler .......& the passengers wing too !!!!EEK!EEK!EEK! The "Advertised New discs all round " were to say the least ......eh ! .....not !!! The 4 new tyres were again not .......so with heavy heart i returned the car to the bloke .....when quized about the paint issue he didn't know it had been painted !!!Clown
Had Blubro not been there & pointed out these things i would probably be parting with my hard earned by now  .......so lesson learned "Take somone who knows what to look for in buying one .
So BIG THANKS to Bluebro for his help today Thumbsup .....* the search continues !!!!Thumbsup

Edited by shorty - 16-February-2013 at 23:28
Sponsored Links

johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2013 at 23:44
Well done it can be hard to move on and look for better most of my friends ask me to go and look with me for cars too i just seem to pick things up? Bluebro has a sharp eye and when your keeping your car nice you pick thins up!!! 
Shorty you will get the right car bud and i wish you all the best Thumbs Up
M is the way to go you will love it 

M3 Evo 4 door
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 16:49
Originally posted by johne46 johne46 wrote:

Well done it can be hard to move on and look for better most of my friends ask me to go and look with me for cars too i just seem to pick things up? Bluebro has a sharp eye and when your keeping your car nice you pick thins up!!! 
Shorty you will get the right car bud and i wish you all the best Thumbs Up
M is the way to go you will love it 

Thanks John ........i know one "Has my name on it " ......but it is finding the Censored that is the hard bit !! LOL
Gave car a wash & polish today ........& fell in love with it again !!!! lol !!! But hey ! onwards & upwards Smile
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 17:01
Thats the problem, there are a lot of turds lurking about in amongst the good one.

Sorting the wheat from the chaff is what makes car hunting so much fun if you get it right
BillyP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 17:28
Plenty out there tommy, take your time and you will get the right one, wise move to ask bluebro,
at least you have a good car in the meantime so no rushing,
Poison E90 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poison E90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 18:35
agree with billy tommy take your time no rush had i done that with the first 3 and then the 5 i would have had a better cars for sure bought the first e36 i saw and then did the same with the 5, was smitten with the interior combo in the 5 and because it was black and convinced myself that i would sort the other issuses in time but should have walked away hence why when i was looking this time i was prepared to wait to find the right one although managing to convince the brother in law to buy a five was a stroke of genius but failing that yours would probably be outside my door by now good luck with the search my little friendThumbs Up
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 21:37
Thanks for your kind comments guys Hug
@Gary :- I know there are loads of "Mingers" out there but i haven't cought anything yet .......OH ! YOU MEAN M3's .......Sorry thought you ment .......well you know what i thought you ment <cough>Embarrassed ......Moving swiftly on ....... So my wee quest continues Thumbs Up

bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 22:01
How to be Robin's best mate?

Edited by nero - 17-February-2013 at 22:16

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
Robin814 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 22:44
I want it!!!!

Take my money!
E46 318Ci M Sport 2001 Light Gelb
E39 530I Champagne I Individual Edition 2002
johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2013 at 23:26
Originally posted by Robin814 Robin814 wrote:

I want it!!!!

Take my money!

Robin thats your car you must do the deed go lad go and get it lol LOL
there is not many of them about that is the 1st M3 i have seen like that very nice 

M3 Evo 4 door
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2013 at 08:53
Ahh the joys of looking for a second hand car.  I've not had that pleasure for 4 years and that was for the wife.

The right one will be out there for you.  What's for you will not go by you.  Any luck with getting punters round to look at yours?
Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2013 at 09:27
Originally posted by bluebro bluebro wrote:

How to be Robin's best mate?

That gold affair made me want to boak when i first saw it last week and the passing of 7 days hasn't made it any better looking. It's only a bawhair away from chrome to my eyes.

That seller seems to be sticking to E46 M3s though. He had a pretty special looking Imola Red vert the other week in amongst at least half a dozen others.

EDIT: He's still got it, along with 21 other M3s (including a very rare Ruby Red one) plus a couple of M5s, M6s and various others.
They're on Ebay. I knew i recognised the garage door from somewhere.  

(no idea how to shorten the hyperlink,,,,NEIL...HELP!!!)

Edited by Ham328 - 18-February-2013 at 09:34
Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2013 at 09:37
davy tombstone View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy tombstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2013 at 14:56
does he have any of them at all tho

he,s been discussed on numerous forums for not actually having what he says he has.
Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2013 at 15:14
Originally posted by davy tombstone davy tombstone wrote:

he,s been discussed on numerous forums for not actually having what he says he has.

No idea. Does seem a bit odd having 50+ cars all for sale at the same time and all photographed in the same driveway right enough.

Has nobody local called his bluff and asked to view one yet?
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2013 at 15:16
Bit pointless what with ebay insertion fees etc
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2013 at 15:46
The Ruby Red one looks nice 

(note on website - * Viewing strictly by appointment only * )
(tele nos are mobile nos)

Wasn't the gold one up for sale recently, somewhere near Blairgowrie?

Edited by nero - 18-February-2013 at 15:49

davy tombstone View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy tombstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2013 at 16:06
Originally posted by Ham328 Ham328 wrote:

No idea. Does seem a bit odd having 50+ cars all for sale at the same time and all photographed in the same driveway right enough.

Has nobody local called his bluff and asked to view one yet?

yep, and he always says "i,ve sold that one but i have another you may be interested in".
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2013 at 22:22
Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

Ahh the joys of looking for a second hand car.  I've not had that pleasure for 4 years and that was for the wife.

The right one will be out there for you.  What's for you will not go by you.  Any luck with getting punters round to look at yours?

No none yet Andrew ......but not realy been pushing it as need  a reliable caras a back up  incase my "daly" breaks down as i work in Glasgow .Smile
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2013 at 22:30

MMMMMMM !!! i have had that responce from him too Ermm called twice to see if he still had car
Reg :- xyz ..." no but i do have .........." He has pics of some nice cars on his drive  ......which forum's is this discussed on ? ........i did look on cutters .....but no search button to link you to threads !!!Disapprove
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic