Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBeamish Car Show April 28th 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beamish Car Show April 28th 2012
    Posted: 20-February-2013 at 21:34
Our friends in the North East (Newcastle way ! ) have invited us to do this show they are orgainising here is the post they put up in the North East Section here :-

"Come and display your BMW at this famous museum.
Beamish is a world famous open air museum. It tells the story of life in North East England in Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian times.
Beamish stands in 300 acres of beautiful County Durham countryside. Within the site you will find Pockerley Old Hall, The Town, Rowley Station, The Fairground, Home Farm and The Pit Village. With so many things to see, Beamish is a wonderful day out for people of all ages, with free trams and buses to get you all over the museum.
Now the important bit, the cost of this day out is only £7.00 per head if your in a BMW, normal admission is £17.50 per adult and £10.00 per child I am sure you don't need me to do the math's on that one.
Entry is pay on the day at the gate into the show field, entry is from 9.30am till 11.00am arrive after 11.00am and unfortunately it's full price and park in the public car park. The only
stipulation Beamish is strict about is there is no movement of vehicles between 11.00am and 4.00pm due to public safety, but I can assure you that if you arrive at 10.00am and want to leave before 4.00pm you have only seen half of this great museum has on show.
Beamish is about two miles west off junction 63 of the A1M. Address is Beamish Museum, Beamish, County Durham, DH9 ORG. Beamish web site www.beamish.org.uk "
This is to see the interest we have from our Scottish section .
Also to see if it should be a "Night away " or just drive down on the day ?
Cheapest hotel i can find so far for a stop over is "Holiday Inn at Washington " with B.M.W.C.C.G.B discount it will come in at £48.00 if booked now .
If you are interested in going stick your name down here & send me a P.M too with who you are (PLEASE NOTE ......NOT YOUR FOURUM NAME MUST BE REAL NAME e.g :- John Smith) & your prefferance to stay over or drive on the day ?
ALSO NOTE FOR THOSE WANTING TO STAY OVER YOU MUST BOOK ANY ACCOMIDATION YOURSELF .....I WON'T BE BOOKING FOR YOU !!!!!! )

Edited by shorty - 23-February-2013 at 21:30
Sponsored Links

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2013 at 21:37
Yep for the show and for an overnighter
Braveheart

Edited by Cambell - 20-February-2013 at 22:22
Robin814 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2013 at 22:06
Same as Cambell.

Show and overnight stay.
E46 318Ci M Sport 2001 Light Gelb
E39 530I Champagne I Individual Edition 2002
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2013 at 22:16
and it's a big yes from me for both show and overnight stay
///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2013 at 22:22

stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2013 at 22:26
maw's no going, this is gonna be chaos

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2013 at 22:32
We should go to The "Quayside" on a "flange hunt" then. There'll be loads of hen nights
alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2013 at 22:45
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

We should go to The "Quayside" on a "flange hunt" then. There'll be loads of hen nights

Fook a flange hunt!! Now your talking.
I could be tempted to break tradition and turn up to another meet!!

Ham328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2013 at 22:47
Hmmm. A 200 mile round trip to England or the National Hot Rod European Championship half a mile from my door......
Let me think, let me think.....

Lol. Enjoy Yourselves.
Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
johne46 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johne46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2013 at 11:45
Sorry cant make this Cry wee mans Birthday,have fun you lot 

M3 Evo 4 door
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2013 at 22:55
Sounds good for the show and for the overnighter!!
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
Robin814 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2013 at 23:18
Ah thats ok then.

Paul's going so I won't be stuck with the bad men (stevie and cambell) that could lead me astray in Newcastle. There will be at least someone with common sense. Lol
E46 318Ci M Sport 2001 Light Gelb
E39 530I Champagne I Individual Edition 2002
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2013 at 23:56
stick me down for the show. Need to check my shifts to see if i can make the overnighter
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2013 at 21:27
so far :-
1) Tommy (show & overnight )
2) Cambell (Show & overnight )
3) Stevie (Show & overnight)
4) Robin (Show & overnight )
5) Gary (Show & poss overnight )
6) Paul (Show & overnight )

Anybody else just add your name to list & your options (Show & overnight .......e.c.t)
If anyone has sugestions where we can stay let me know .......as at present im at a loss Ouch

Needs to be fairly cheep (as we are traveling a distance & the cost of fuel must be taken into consideration to the cost of our weekend )
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2013 at 22:48
No other takers for this show ?????Ouch We need to try to support our Norh East cousins .....If Andy Wilson (N/E Branch ) can travel up here  fairly regularly to support our events im sure we can return the favour by supporting his event ??Handshake
Still looking to get someone to look into our accomadation ?????Ermm
andybeemer74 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andybeemer74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2013 at 10:03
Tommy there is a Holiday in just off the A1 at washington only about 10 mins drive from beamish would be ideal and will prob get car club discount also worth a try.

Half Jock :-)
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2013 at 11:09
Originally posted by andybeemer74 andybeemer74 wrote:

Tommy there is a Holiday in just off the A1 at washington only about 10 mins drive from beamish would be ideal and will prob get car club discount also worth a try.

rooms for that Hotel Andy are sitting at 51quid just now through the club website

9 miles from Durham and Sunderland and 15 miles from Newcastle, so you can forget any night life at this hotel.

Edited by stevie53 - 27-February-2013 at 11:23

stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2013 at 11:56
some prices through booking.com for Washington hotels.

campanile hotel

victoria inn

holiday inn

nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2013 at 12:41
1) Tommy (show & overnight ) 
2) Cambell (Show & overnight )
3) Stevie (Show & overnight)
4) Robin (Show & overnight )
5) Gary (Show & poss overnight ) 
6) Paul (Show & overnight ) 
7) NeRo (Show only)

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2013 at 15:41
Come on guys, I'm told that M3Cutters have promised 50 cars at this event, get yer Beemer oot fer the lads !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic