Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI have a 318i - 2000 model.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have a 318i - 2000 model.
    Posted: 08-April-2013 at 18:50
Know and then - when I turn key to start car !!!! The dials on dash go crazy and car won't start. Noise comes from glove box area ?. Any ideas. Cheers
Sponsored Links

jimmybrown View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2013 at 13:01
 Hello, I am new to BMW, I have 92 318is, but I generally restore old cars and bikes, but I was helping a neighbour, he had a similar problem all his dials would go Crazy, solved it his Battery was very low and poor condition; as far as the noise in the from the Glove Comp area I cannot hazzard a guess, but you have heater fan and the battery on my 318is is on that side, so they might be connected, if you have a Battery Charger I would give my battery a good long slow charge, and see if that helps. I am in Glasgow too but as I am new to the BMW I am still myself seeking information.
The Car I have had the wrong Thermostat installed by a BMW MAIN DEALER, then they told the previous owner that his flat spot around 3000rpm was caused by the timing chain and adjusters needing replaced; the actual diagnostic check by them SHOWED THIS; I changed the thermostat and fuel pump and Now it works well. So tracking down BMW information is extremely difficult; I email BMW in Germany, they have never replied, THE GREAT GERMAN ENGINEERS well they should get there act together to give us the Poor Owners some information.
Best of Luck
Jimmy

jimmy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic