Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2006 520d se

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caoimhin89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2006 520d se
    Posted: 20-April-2013 at 13:53
I'm wondering can anybody help me on this issue. I recently bought a 2009 520d se(strip of silver plastic)front bumper to replace the bumper on my 2006 520d, since my old bumper had a few marks on it. The problem which i have incurred is that the the old parking sensors wont fit out in the holes for the newer front bumper. My question is if i was to remove the 4mm lip around the 2006 parking sensors will they fit into my 2009 front bumper? If anybody could shed some light on this it would be great. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2013 at 09:13
You have a prefacelift model and you have bought a post facelift bumper so there may well be differences in the way they are attached.  I'm suprised at that though.  Checked www.realoem.com and sure enough there is a part number change for the facelifted models.  Can't  say I've noticed a difference though but there must be.

You could try and remove the lip, only do one and then check if it works.  A replacement sensor can be bought from ebay for not a lot of £££s.

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic