Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > The Big CoupĂ© Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1976 3.0CSi project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote media116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1976 3.0CSi project
    Posted: 22-April-2013 at 23:25
I've got a 1976 3.0CSi which has been sitting, part-restored in my parent's garage in W Sussex for the past 20 years or so. They need the space now, so it's got go. It's a car that I bought in the late 1980s as a restoration project (I was working for Practical Classics & Car Restorer magazine at the time). The bodywork was professionally repaired then resprayed during the 1990s, and the seats were re-trimmed in leather. Since then it's been sitting, untouched and the paint is bubbling again in places. I've not had it for uncovered for years, but the car is complete with all major panels, glass and interior fittings. The engine hasn't been started for years but, from memory, has covered about 72,000 miles and was in good running order, as was the gearbox. A new exhaust system will be required. The car has Alpina alloys (and steering wheel) and is now finished in BMW Viakal Blue (it was originally black).

Just wonder if any of you could give me and idea about its value, and whether anyone might be interested in taking it on as a project? I'm testing the water really but, as I say, it's got to be moved and needs a good home with a new owner who will do it justice.

Would be very interested to hear from anyone with advice.

Chris
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic