Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChristmas Party - UPDATE 18/9/2013!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas Party - UPDATE 18/9/2013!!
    Posted: 12-August-2013 at 22:00
              Â 
<FONT size=3 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Its that time again and following the success of last years party night its time to think about CHRISTMAS NIGHT OUT 2013! Shocked

So I have contacted and been out to see the Houstoun House Hotel and their party nights details are below.
The cost is £73 per person for everything listed below. Singles will incur a £30 supplement although will be in a double room.
Of course it will be more cost affective for singles to arrange to share. Wink
Its a £20 deposit <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" lang=EN-GB>to book and the balance 1 month before the date. I have arranged that the hotel will collect the payments by phone like we did last year. But at the moment I need NAMES! Big smile
</SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" lang=EN-GB>Saturday<SPAN> 7th </SPAN>December 201<SPAN>3</SPAN></SPAN>

<H3 ="menutitle"><FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Masquerade Party Nights<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt" lang=EN-GB> are at £73<SPAN></SPAN>.00 per person sharing (based on 2 adults per room), single supplement £30. This includes:</SPAN></H3>
<UL style="MARGIN-TOP: 0cm">
  • <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" lang=EN-GB>Pre-dinner cocktail</SPAN>
  • <FONT size=2 face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fabulous festive masks provided
  • <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" lang=EN-GB>3 course dinner </SPAN><FONT face=Arial>
  • <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" lang=EN-GB>Disco</SPAN>
  • <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" lang=EN-GB>B&B</SPAN>

• So please add your name with +1 if required so I can get an idea of numbers. The hotel has reserved 20 spaces and I need to confirm numbers by next week to secure the rooms.So get your names down asap. Thumbs Up

IMPORTANT CHECK YOUR SOCIAL CALENDERS BEFORE COMMITTING TO THIS PLEASE!!!!! LOL

<DIV ="msg"><SPAN style="rgb251: ">Attending</SPAN><BR style="rgb251: "><BR style="rgb251: "><SPAN style="rgb251: ">Issy - BOOKED </SPAN><BR style="rgb251: "><SPAN style="rgb251: ">Jemma + Jim - BOOKED</SPAN><BR style="rgb251: "><SPAN style="rgb251: ">Ham + Mrs Ham - BOOKED</SPAN><BR style="rgb251: "><SPAN style="rgb251: ">Stevie - TBC</SPAN>
    Robin - BOOKED<BR style="rgb251: "><SPAN style="rgb251: ">Gary + Evs</SPAN> - BOOKED
    <SPAN style="rgb251: ">Michele & George- BOOKED
    </SPAN>Andy & Disco Debbs- BOOKED
    Tommy- BOOKED
    Billy + Eileen- BOOKED
    Anne & Davie- BOOKED
    Cambell- BOOKED
    Gordon & Linda - BOOKED

<DIV ="msg"> 
    <DIV ="msg">Paul & Lisa
    Jim & Sarah
    Tommy & Mai

Edited by Issy - 07-December-2013 at 08:58

Sponsored Links

Cambell View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member II
    Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2013 at 22:13
    I'm really sorry but that is too short a time to confirm numbers, my opinion is tell them to piss off. No hotel needs to know final numbers 4 months before an event, even at Christmas.
    Cambell View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member II
    Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2013 at 22:17
    This may also make me unpopular but I think Jemma & Jim need to wait and see if there are any spaces left after forum members have booked up. Absolutely nothing personal but if numbers are limited then forum members should take priority. 
    Issy View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group
    THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2013 at 22:29
    Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

I'm really sorry but that is too short a time to confirm numbers, my opinion is tell them to piss off. No hotel needs to know final numbers 4 months before an event, even at Christmas.

This nothing to do with the hotel. Its just and idea of who wants to go so I can give them an idea of numbers by next week and I need to get this sorted before I go back to work so I set the timescale which I didnt think was unreasonable! This is similar to how I arranged it last year.

This may also make me unpopular but I think Jemma & Jim need to wait and see if there are any spaces left after forum members have booked up. Absolutely nothing personal but if numbers are limited then forum members should take priority. 

Numbers are not limited. I have just reserved 20 places but there are more if required and everyone is welcome! Same as last year. Obviously they wouldnt go if there was no space that goes without saying. As I have said  already this is just the interested list and they are interested.

Cambell View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member II
    Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2013 at 22:38
    Sorry Issy, its just not how the Original Post reads 
    Originally posted by Issy Issy wrote:

The hotel has reserved 20 spaces and I need to confirm numbers by next week to secure the rooms.
    I'll wind my neck in but hopefully you can see where I was coming from ?
    davy tombstone View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member II
    Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy tombstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2013 at 23:03

Sorry Issy, its just not how the Original Post reads 
    <span style="line-height: 1.4;">
    Originally posted by Issy Issy wrote:

</span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">The hotel has reserved 20 spaces and I need to confirm numbers by next week to secure the rooms.</span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">
    </span>
    <span style="line-height: 1.4;">I'll wind my neck in but hopefully you can see where I was coming from ?</span>

wind yer neck in...and your from Tranent.
    Ham328 View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member II
    Really Senior Member II
    Straight Six!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 00:45

Attending
    Issy
    Jemma + Jim

Ham + Mrs Ham (Forum being weird and forcing me to have a blank line above our names..meh Ermm)

I can't see why being a forum member is a pre-requisite to guaranteeing a place.
    By that reckoning we could wake up tomorrow morning and find 20 forum members from other regions have put their names down and none of us would be there.

It's my opinion that if it's an official BMWCC event then it's BMWCC members first then others if there's room.
    If it's not an official event it's first come first served.

Just my tuppenceworth though.

Carry on..........

Mrs Pontipine is a nosey bint.
    Cambell View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member II
    Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 06:54
    This is where the night out is being proposed, I have no interest in the BMWcc forum. 

We have a similar situation with the radio club that I'm a member of, an annual pilgrimage to play 10 pin bowling. It has turned from a night out with like minded people to "a night out with The Glasgow Family". It has certainly put me off going and I know I'm not alone. I have nothing against The Glasgow family, in fact I get on very well with them but I similarly dont want to be invited for Xmas dinner with them but I will be going to the radio clubs Xmas night out.

My point which is now actually moot but I will defend it is that if the hotel is limiting places to 20 and the night out is advertised on this forum, forum members take presidence. It is not advertised in the Sussex section (eg) or any other section so it would not be acceptable for people from these areas to fill the list either. It is similarly not Gaydon where it has been made very clear that BMWcc membership is required.

Anyway, I'm afraid that I'm not able to commit to a night out 4 months away or just put my name down and take a space that another deffinate attendee could have so for those of you who can, have a great time. 

stevie53 View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member II
    Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 13:29
    I'll be up for this Issy.

Attending

Issy
    Jemma + Jim
    Ham + Mrs Ham
    Stevie
    ///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
    Robin814 View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member I
    Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 14:49
    I'll be up for this too.
    E46 318Ci M Sport 2001 Light Gelb
    E39 530I Champagne I Individual Edition 2002
    gary View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member II
    Really Senior Member II
    Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 18:04
    Attending

Issy
    Jemma + Jim
    Ham + Mrs Ham
    Stevie
    Gary + Evs
    MAK View Drop Down
    Senior Member II
    Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 22:05
    Attending

Issy
    Jemma + Jim
    Ham + Mrs Ham 
    Stevie
    Gary + Evs
    Michele & George
    My Other Car is a SKODA.. really !
    andybeemer74 View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member I
    Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andybeemer74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 22:20
    Attending

Issy
    Jemma + Jim
    Ham + Mrs Ham
    Stevie
    Gary + Evs
    Michele & George
    Andy & Disco Debbs

Half Jock :-)
    andybeemer74 View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member I
    Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andybeemer74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 22:21

Baaa Humbug

Half Jock :-)
    Issy View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group
    THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 22:26
    List updated to add Robin! Thumbs Up

Attending

Issy
    Jemma + Jim
    Ham + Mrs Ham 
    Stevie
    Robin
    Gary + Evs
    Michele & George
    Andy & Disco Debbs

Edited by Issy - 13-August-2013 at 22:27

shorty View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member II
    Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2013 at 22:50

Attending

Issy
    Jemma + Jim
    Ham + Mrs Ham 
    Stevie
    Robin
    Gary + Evs
    Michele & George
    Andy & Disco Debbs
    Tommy

BigSix View Drop Down
    Senior Member II
    Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2013 at 08:08
    Looks like I'm going to miss this again, I'll be over seas no doubt 
    vpricey View Drop Down
    Really Senior Member II
    Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2013 at 20:13
    Attending

Issy
    Jemma + Jim
    Ham + Mrs Ham 
    Stevie
    Robin
    Gary + Evs
    Michele & George
    Andy & Disco Debbs
    Tommy
    Paul & Lisa

Edited by vpricey - 20-August-2013 at 20:13
    Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
    jimbo34 View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2013 at 20:24
    Jim and Sarah would like to go too.
    Issy View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group
    THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2013 at 18:27
    List update. Thumbs Up

A few folk asked me at Gaydon to add them to the list but guess what I cant remember who! Maybe something to do with a Smirnoff affected brain!

So you know who you are please add your names to the list!
    Cheers ma dears!!! Hug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
      Share Topic